Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Thanksgiving... Cookin'.


Got the Turkey...all spiced, seasoned...and buttered up... in the Roaster, at 9, this morning.
Decided to cook it low, and slow.
It's a 20 pound Turkey.
Plenty of leftovers for everyone.
I always cook enough to feed an Army.
; )
Nobody ever complains about taking leftovers home.
: )

Getting ready to do the Pickle Wraps.
Think I'll just roll them up, and slice them into medallions at Justin's tomorrow.
Don't want them to get dried out.

Takes some getting used to, not having Thanksgiving here.

Onions and Celery, cut...and ready to go into the Stuffing.


The giblet's are simmering away.
Load's of Onions, and Celery with them.
Garlic...along with many, many...spices.
<3

When the Giblet's are done, I'll start the Stuffing.
Love the Big...Cast Iron Scotch Bowls.
They also date from the late 1800's, and early 1900's.
I cook Everything in them.
From Fried Chicken, to Soups, and Stews.
<3

I'll brown 2 pounds of Jimmy Dean Sausage.
One Sage flavored, one Maple flavored.
To the Sausage I add a stick of Butter, Celery, Onions...2, or 3 Granny Smith Apples, unpeeled, cored... and diced. 
Several more cloves of Garlic...fresh Mushrooms, Black Walnuts, and English Walnuts, finely chopped Giblets, and neck meat...
 sometimes I add dried Cherries, or dried Cranberries.
then...
add a few slices of dried, crumbled bread, to that...
then...I add 3 packages of prepared stuffing mix.
That's not exactly 'home made'... but, I've always liked the seasonings in Stove Top's 'Sage', and 'Turkey', and Pepperidge Farms 'Classic' Herb mixes.
So does our Family.
: )

then...
I pour some of the Giblet's broth over it all... and keep gently stirring it all together, adding more broth, as the bread and mixes absorb the liquid.
If It gets a little too soupy, I just add a little more dried bread to it.
: )

 Have to be careful at this point... it doesn't burn, at the bottom...it's all done on the Stove...and, this a LOT of Stuffing.
: )

It's...
 almost....
 Sinful!!
: )
 Gonna be Really Difficult saving it all for tomorrow.
Eeeeeek!!
It Smells So Good In This House... with Everything Cookin'!!
Oh My!!

Gonna make a big Crab Cheese Ball. 
The Kids like those, too.
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Started this post...earlier. Pickles are done, Stuffing is Done.
: )
Turkey should be done, around 2.
Didn't need any white bread, at all...but needed another half of a stick of Butter. 
Pork is so lean these days.
Added Celery Salt, at the end. I don't add much salt, until the very end, of whatever I cook.
You can add more, but...ya can't take it out. ; ) }




No comments: