Saturday, November 26, 2022

Holidays.


Thanksgiving...was Truly Top Notch, this year.
<3
Had a hiccup, or two... here, at Home, but... sure Enjoyed The Kids!!
<3
They were All SO Happy!!
It's been a ruff year for them.



It Was Total Chaos!!
Wrestling... Running...Laughing...Playing, and Eating....
Far Too Much!!
: )


The Kid's All Were Involved with The Whipped Cream!!
Once the Little Ones figured out how to operate that Can...
Oh My Gosh!!!
It was a Free For All!!
: )
Priceless!!


Miss. Meadow had a Blast...with that canned Whipped Cream!
They All DID!!!


Liz...went after Justin.... with it.
He was like... "What??What???" Hahahaha!!!

Insanity.
: ) : ) : ) 
Almost grabbed Cool Whip in tubs, for the Pie.
So GLAD I Didn't!!!
THIS Is Going to be a Tradition!!!
: )
<3

Priceless!!!


Today... thought about having The Rabbit Hole, Open.
but...
I need to Clean House.
The Tree...is going Up, Tomorrow!!
: )

Little Justin, Miss. Scarlett...and Helper, Brandon...are coming to help 
Put It Up!!
: )

It's quite an Event....transforming the House into 'Christmas'.
<3 <3 <3 

Christmas...Explodes Here.
Usually the day after Thanksgiving.
Since John went to be with The Lord...
and...along with everything else....that's ongoing, and never ending...
'Christmas'...
doesn't seem to click on the same rigid schedule, it always did before.

We used to set The Tree up, the day after Thanksgiving, and we put it all away New Year's Day.

The Tree... isn't easy to put up.
I was Always so Grateful...that John helped me put it up, and get all of the lights on it.
: )
Then... he'd walk away.
; )
Hahahahaha!!!
He'd go upstairs, after The Tree was up, and lit....
fix himself a Huge Plate....of Thanksgiving leftovers...
kick back in his old Lazy Boy, and watch his favorite programs on t.v., as I cranked up the Christmas Music, and decorated.
: )
<3

Don't think John completely understood my Love of Christmas.
but, I hope he understood...how Grateful...I was, for him helping me, because...I knew it was a Huge Chore for him.
<3

I remember...many years ago, I'd been working, and running so hard, told John...as Thanksgiving approached, thought...we'd have to scale back, I...just didn't have enough energy left in me that year.

The day after Thanksgiving...as I was cleaning up the kitchen, from Thanksgiving....
 heard some commotion in the Big Room.
It was John...pulling out The Tree.
<3
: )

Christmas, 2014...the year John left us, I struggled, about putting The Tree up.
My heart...just, couldn't find 'Christmas'.
Daughter, Liz... came over, we sat and talked about it.
Liz said... "Mom, You Are Going To Put That Tree Up!! After All of The Years, Dad...Put That Tree Up For You, He'd Be PISSED..... If You Didn't 'Git 'er Done'!!"
: )

Liz...was right.
: )
It needed to Go Up, for the Kids, and Grandkids, too.
<3

We did The Tree, all in Blue, that year.
<3
It...was a Blue, Blue... Christmas, that year.
Still is, in many ways.




While visiting with a Friend, this morning...
she said...how much she hated Christmas.
: (

My Sister, Chery.... felt the same way.
: (
tho...you'd never know it.
Chery Always...made Christmas so Special.
<3
I know she did, for her Son...Jimmy, and...for me, and all of her Family.
<3

Chery was 21 years older than me, we became Best Friends, when I grew up.
I, was so stunned, and sad... when Chery told me how she felt about Christmas.
: (

I've always felt the complete opposite.
We never had much at Christmas...growing up.
Mom, rarely decorated.
but...
I remember it always feeling So Magical.
<3
Used to walk to downtown, Cedar Rapids, from the time I was about 9.
Look in the Store Windows.
<3
Smulekoff's, Armstrongs...Killians, always...had Such Dreamy, and Beautiful...
Window Displays.
<3
Magical.
<3
: )



It was never about 'gifts'.
It was about...that Magical Feeling.
<3
I Hope, and Wish...Everyone could 'Feel'...That.
: )
<3

Told my Friend, this morning....when we get it all set, I hope she'll stop by, we can just sit...
by The Tree, sip a little wine, and Soak...The 'Magic' In.
: )
<3

Better get Crackin'!
; )
Cobwebs....to knock down.
Dusting...to be Done, Floors to Clean.
; )

'Christmas'... is 
Coming to Visit.
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.




No comments: