Sunday, November 6, 2022

Next Great Event!!


Pal, Mark...is stopping by today...to pick up what's left of his things here, from the October Sales.
He's been burnin' the candle at both ends, too.
Normally...Everything would've been cleaned up, long before now.
Told him...I'd be glad to help him load, and haul.
; )

I'll be settin' my site for Junk Jubilee, as well.
Pretty much loaded, but...have a few more Treasures to pack, and load...yet.

LOVE Junk Jubilee Jingles!!
CHRISTMAS!!!
: ) : ) : )
<3

Excited to see the Junk Jubilee Family, and our Awesome Customers!!
{Friends!}





Following up...about Little Red, and the next...Pony, in my life.
Stormy.
oh my.
: )

Dad bought him for me several months after Little Red left us.
: )
He was a Shetland Pony.
Beautiful.
He looks white here, but he was actually a Dapple Grey.

Stormy...was Everything, Little Red wasn't.
: )

Stormy...tested me, every single day.
To say he was Ornery would be a Huge....
Understatement.
; )

{Had a Friend ask me the other day...why I don't 'Give Up'...when it comes to the IDOT Mess.
; )
Thinking about that....I believe...I owe my 'tenacity' to 
Stormy.
<3}

Stormy could rub his bridle off in record time.
Many times I'd come back to where I'd tied him up...
to find his bridle laying on the ground, and Stormy no where to be found.
I'd have to go track him down.
He'd let me get right next to him...then...all of a sudden take off at a Dead Run.
More.... chasing him down.

He'd grip his bit in his teeth, and take off with me on him....at a Dead Run.
Take me into the bushes, rub me off on trees.
There was No Way...to Stop Him!!

He'd take off...  Full Bore, then...all of a sudden, put The Brakes on.
I'd go straight over his head.
Again...and Again...and Again.
Hit the ground while riding Stormy...more times than I hit the ground, with every Horse, Pony...and Mule, I've ridden in my Life, Combined.
Well over a hundred.

Once, at a Pony Race, in Central City, Iowa...
we were coming in to the stretch....
Stormy decided to take a quick left, then a hard right...to go out of the side gate on the track.
I went off...in the dirt, hard... and Stormy stepped on my back.
I didn't get hurt...too bad.
: )
Dad...would just say...
"Don't let him get by with that. Get back on him...show him who's boss."
: )
Always did.

Dad got a little taste of Stormy's Shenanigans, one day.
We'd hitched Stormy up to a cart.
Dad was driving him down the road...
everything was going well... until Dad turned Stormy around, to head back to the barn.
Stormy took the bit in his teeth, and BOLTED!!
He was Chargin' Down that road with Sparks Flyin' from His Hooves!!
Dad...was Doing Everything He Could To Get Stormy Stopped.
See-Sawing the reins...trying to turn Stormy Hard...to the Left, then...Right!
Stormy kept his Head Straight.
Full Throttle...WIDE OPEN!!!

They took the driveway corner, so fast...towards the barn...the cart flipped, Dad...went Flying!!
{Mom was running a video camera, but...she was in such Shock...and Horror, the camera was pointed at the ground when The Sparks Started to Fly!!}

Stormy, ultimately came to a stop....inside the barn.
Stormy made it through the narrow barn door, however...the cart, did not.
The cart got wedged in the barn door, all bent up.
The tug straps, on Stormy's harness....were junk, they couldn't hold Stormy, either.
oh my.

It crossed my mind, to give Dad the same advise, he always gave me...
but, thought that might be disrespectful.
; )
Dad got skinned up, pretty good.
oh my.

Stormy stayed with me, for about 15 years.
When I outgrew Stormy...at about 9, he became a Pet.
<3

When I was in my teens, Friends from school...would come out to ride, often.
With teenage Girls, come teenage Boys.
{I never had any time for Boys. Way too much work to be done, but...they'd hang around..at the barn.}

The Boys, would want to go riding with us Girls.
{The Boys were Much More Interested in The Girls, than The Horses. ; ) }

I'd tell them...if they could stay on that little white Pony, I'd put them on a bigger Horse, and they could come with us Girls.
; )

One, by one... I'd watch them snicker...at first, when they'd swing their long legs, over Stormy's back....
their toes would touch the ground, Stormy...was Short, and Stocky.

Stormy...would walk right out, well behaved, 
at first.
: )
then...
all of a Sudden...
 He'd Bolt!!
Take 'em through the timber, under low branches...knock 'em off.
Sideswipe Trees, and rub them off...
or, Stormy's Favorite Trick,
Run Full Bore with The Bit in his teeth, then...put his head down... and STOP!!
They'd Go Sailin'...Over Stormy's Head.
{I gotta tell ya, it's pretty funny to watch, when It's Not Happening To YOU!!}
: )

Needless...to say, The Boys...never rode with us.
; )

If ya have a chance, click on the link above, watch the 'Ed being very naughty' video, on Youtube.

That....
Is...
Me...
and
Stormy.
: )

Stormy, was no... 'Little Red'.
but... Stormy taught me a lot more about 'Life'...than Little Red.
No wonder that fall down the basement steps didn't kill me.
: )
This body, was 'Stormy Tempered' while developing throughout my childhood.
: ) : ) : )
One time...going down a flight of stairs, has Nothing...
on hittin' the Ground Hard, Eating Dirt, and Mud... Countless Times, with Stormy.
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Dad... was Truly The Best. <3 : ) }

No comments: