Monday, May 2, 2022

Their Story.








The Trees, and Wildflowers...were So Beautiful.
<3








This...is Amazing.
Several of the Graves, had these markers, so you could take an image of it, and hear a small bit of 'The Story', of Who...is interred there.

That...is Amazing.
THIS... is Why, we made the Trip, to Des Moines.




I was taken back, by So Many...Unusual Markers there were at Woodland Cemetery.
Woodland, is the oldest Cemetery in Des Moines.
It dates from 1848, before Des Moines was the Capital.
The Marker's that were carved from Limestone, that were like Tree Stumps, really were incredible.
Stunning.












As we were standing on a hill...Allyson looked across the Beautiful Cemetery, and asked...
"Wonder what all of those small markers are?"

My heart... sank, because...I knew, without a second thought, 'Who'...they were representing, when my eyes fell upon them.

"The Infants."

Heartbreaking.

Most of these tiny little Marker's were set from 1900, to 1907.



















So Thankful...Allyson found this 'Tour', and invited me to visit it with her.
It's Such a Wonderful Idea.
<3

Since I can remember, I've always been fascinated by Cemeteries.
Certainly not in some sort of 'dark'...way.
but...
knowing, somehow...that Each Stone, represented a Person, or Several...
who walked on this earth, just like me....
and, you.

They All...have a 'Story'.
<3
Like...
me, and you.

If I've learned anything, by being a 'Server', and having The Rabbit Hole, just...'Living'...
it would be...
"Everyone Has a Story"

I've heard Many, Many...throughout my life.
Ones...I'll never, ever...share.
Always felt honored, that Folk's I don't even know, would share some of their 'Journey'...with me.
<3
 There was a time, many year's ago...down The Rabbit Hole, I was hearing so Much...it, was almost...too much.
Some stories, are difficult to shake.

When Pal, Maurina...brought the "Confessions 5 to 7 Daily'....bronze plaque, to one of the Sales, here...I had to buy it.
Immediately fastened it to The Rabbit Hole's door.
I believe some Folk's thought, and think... it's kind of a 
a joke.

No.
No.

It was my way of saying, at that time...to myself, and...maybe, to The Lord, I can only 'hear'...so much.


That's Why...I Pray, for 'All'.
Every Day.
We Need To.

Think...that's one reason...I can't find it in my heart...to feel hatred towards those who've inflicted so much pain, and wrongfulness.
They....Too, have a 'story'.
I...know they do.
because...
We All....
Do.

{Doesn't stop me from Fightin' 'em...for what's fair, and right...
I keep my heart at a distance, from them, tho. 
but, 
I'd never 'judge' them, not my place.
Disappointment, is another matter...with them.}

I so wish...that Every Stone, could have a button, so we could Hear 'The Story'.
Even, just their obituary.
Those People, that lived before us...could teach us a Lot, I believe.
Help us understand...some of the trials, and tribulation...of today.
They... had them, too.

Below...is a snippet, of an article I'd given a reporter about Dad.
I was 22, when he left us...so suddenly.
I, remember the Gazette reporter calling my Mom, the day Dad died, wanting a story.
Mom, handed me the phone.

I was so incredibly broken, searching...for words.
If I could tell Dad's Story...today, I believe...Dad would inspire a few.
; )
He sure inspires me, daily...just thinkin' about his 'Journey'.
<3
Sure been Blessed, that way...by meeting so many Amazing Folks, throughout my life, that have inspired, and taught me so much.
<3
Sharing a little of their 'Journey'...with me.
<3



Never got to meet my Great Grandmother, Flora Belle, but...through Dad's Stories, of her...
I, always felt like I knew her, and Love Her.
<3

Again, So Grateful...
to Allyson, for inviting me on this 'Journey'.
She's...a Blessing.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{The Tune above...think, might be fittin'... ; )  
It's a Tune...I, often thought of, in so many words, long before it was written, when passing a Cemetery.
Life...is Short.
Better Make The Best...of It.}

 

No comments: