Sunday, May 29, 2022

Seems There's More Than One Way....to Take Down a Tent.



Oh my. 
While I was writing this morning, heard a strange noise, outside.
Looked out the window... and saw the Tent...not far from our door.
A Long Way...from where it was supposed to be.

Brandon and I have been wanting to take it down...for several days, but...it was either too wet, {can't take a canopy off, and put it away, damp...it'll mold.}
or...
too windy, or....no time.
I need an extra pair of hands, to take the Tent down.
Mother Nature gave me hers, this morning.

I was very nervous...while rushing to get that canopy off. Man. Those tents are dangerous while Flailing around.
Holy Smokes.
Their Canopy is like a Sail...on a Boat.

Knew if I didn't get it off quick, it would be on the house.
It was nearly there, already.
Somehow...by the Grace of God, between wind gusts, got the top unhooked, and down.
Then...started taking the broken tent apart.
Some of it was so twisted, and contorted...binding, I, couldn't get it. 
Brandon will be here tomorrow, between the two of us, we'll be able to put it to rest.

We had that tent anchored down like none other.
Big Steel Fence Posts, that we pounded in with a driver.
Then...I wired them to the top frame of the tent.
{I mean 'Wired It'. ; ) I've done it for decades. }
The wire...at every post was broken.
It's been so incredibly Gusty, Huge Gusts...it must've worked back and forth on that wire, until it broke.

We almost took it down on Friday....but, it was simply too wet, that morning.
We were Flying all day, on Friday. 
No Time.
Brandon doesn't come here on weekends, so...Monday, was the day. 
Too late.
Forgot...don't know how...
this is a Holiday Weekend.
Brandon won't be here until Tuesday.

We've had a 'Memorial Day Weekend Sale' here...forever, now...that I can't, haven't...for three years, well...it's just not the same.

This day, the Sunday before Memorial Day, is always difficult.
Has been since 2014.
John passed away on May 25th., 2014... but...to me, his passing will also be remembered the Sunday before Memorial Day, which was May 25th., in 2014.
Those Memorial Day Weekend Sales, after...
were all tuff, but...was so insanely busy, and surrounded by Folks, always managed to slip through them.

Kind of like Valentine's Day, and Dad. 
Dad passed away on February 13., 1987.
It was a Friday.
So...have a strong dislike for every Friday the 13th., no matter when it falls.
and...
Valentine's Day.
I don't dislike Valentine's Day, really... it's...such a wonderful holiday.
It's bittersweet, for me... I guess.

Like Memorial Day.
So Many...Wonderful Memories. 
So Much, and Many...to be Grateful To, and For.

Bittersweet.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.







 

No comments: