Saturday, May 28, 2022

Headin' to a Weddin'.


Headin' to a Weddin'...
today.
<3

I'm not much for going to Weddings. 
Never have been. 
but...I watched this little Girl Grow Up!!
: )
Nicole...The Bride,  is Dear Friend, Steph's... Daughter, and Dear Friend, Patti's... Granddaughter.
<3

The Wedding is at Patti's Lovely Home, beside their pond.
It'll be Beautiful.
<3

I'm honored to have received an Invite.
; )

Still struggling, with what to wear. 
oh my.
Supposed to wear 'Cocktail'...attire.
No jeans.
Eeeeeeek!!
The ONLY....footwear, I can stand are Cowboy Boots, with the compressed nerve in my leg, and ankle.

After working at the upcoming Estate Sale, until late...yesterday...went to the Mall...looking at clothes.
{I'd rather stick needles in my eyes...than shop for clothes. oh my. }

The Wedding is at 2, so...down to the wire.
I didn't find a thing, that would work. Had a GREAT Lady...helping me, at Von Maur, told her...I thought I was just too tired, to 'like'...anything.
Hahahaha!!

Got the 'theft'..all figured out, yesterday.
That...was a Huge Relief. 
Liz...is Amazing.
; )
Turned out, it wasn't a theft, but a Very Unfortunate Chain of Events.
Lost my mind...with Worry.
Pal, Patti, whom was also very....concerned, said...
"What have we learned...by this??"
A LOT, I said. 
I'm not going to get into all of the details...but, many were Very Concerned, none more than me.
Wow.
Never too old to 'Learn'. 
oh my. 
I Trust...a little too much, I suppose.
That's gonna be a tuff one, to tighten up on. 
Liz...really jumped on my butt, about being so trusting.
She said... "Mom, you always trust everyone, until they give you a reason not to. Then...you are crushed. You need to stay on guard."

Again...that's gonna be tuff. Abe Lincoln said... "If you look for the bad in people, expecting to find it, you surely will."
I've always felt...if you look for the best...in them, it's there...too. 
<3
I, just need to be more responsible... that's One Big...Lesson, I have to work on.
; )
{among many Others. ; ) }

The Angels...were sure Workin' Hard, to resolve this Mess, yesterday.
<3

Love to Ya....
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Well...it's 11, and I'm dressed. 
Wound up diggin' through the closet...
found an old...old, dress, and an even older pair of shoes. 
Those shoes...must be 15 years old.
; )
Black Pumps. 
Gave 'em a spit shine...
; )
{Used to be my favorites. ; ) I've loaded many Trucks, in those shoes. 
They are somewhat bearable. }
Threw on some pearls...a gold belt...that I bought at Mary, and Gib's sale.
Gonna have to be good enough. 
; )
I'm not doing anymore 'clothes' shoppin'.
Done!!
; )

It Is..What It Is.... Baby. 
; )





 

No comments: