Thursday, December 31, 2020

Merry Christmas... {Happy New Year...Too!}

While everyone else on the Planet...is Celebrating New Year's Eve...
this evening, 
I'm...getting ready for Christmas.
; )
Oh Dear.
What a Day.

Spent way too much time playing...in the spare bedroom, and not enough time...cleaning the rest of the house.
: (
Power Shopped, and got all of the Christmas Gifts, bought...this afternoon.
now...
have to wrap.
oh dear...
I'm Exhausted.
Retail shopping, nearly does me in.
Lugging in Mountains...of Stuff...is a Mess.
Why...do I Procrastinate...So?!!!

Can't wrap...until everything on the dining room table...is cleared off.
Loads...of Christmas.
So...moved most of that...to the spare bedroom.
oh dear.

Then... while getting ready to wrap...realized...something was missing.
My Favorite...Christmas 'Wrapping'...Tune.
I can repeat it, over and over...on the blog, after it's posted...
but...
didn't want to post it, without pictures.
oh my.

So..here's the spare bedroom, not done...but, a bunch better, than it was...when I started.
It's a very small room...
but, it's Cozy.
<3

While going through insanely...dusty books, in the spare room, ran across...one that made me Laugh...
out loud.
<3
Had to put it on the bed...with the Poetry Book, and the Lovely....remembrance Piece, that Friend, Vikki...made for me.
<3

Three of my Favorite Quilts...are on the bed.
<3
The Derby, Iowa...Quilt, is covering the pillows.
{The Town...my Dad, was born...and raised. <3 }
Love it.
<3
It was so Great...handling them, again.
<3
Old...Friends.
: )

Ran across, so much...I hadn't seen in Years, over the last few days.
Still...Love It All.
<3

Better get to wrapping, it's gonna be a Long...long...night.

Wishing Everyone...A Happy New Year.
A Healthy....Peaceful...one, too.

Love...to You.
Prayers...for All.

Barb C.




 
{I remember...Mom, refinishing...that old, Oak...China Cabinet...when we lived in Keystone.
<3
1970. 
oh my. 

I, also...remember...coming Home...after a Long Shift, waiting tables...on a Sunday, to find..the glass broken...in Mom's China Cabinet.

The Kid's were running around, Crazy.....John, seemed...'unaware'. 
Oh My.
: )
I, just turned around...and walked out the door.
Took a Long...Drive.
; )
Long...
Drive.
<3
oh...my. 

If..I hadn't...God Knows...those 'words'...I was Thinkin'...could never be taken back, after they were...
'Spoken'.
oh dear.
<3

Never had the glass repaired.
I'm...so Thankful...now, that we didn't.
It's Truly...the most Beautiful...Memory.
Who...Knew.
<3 <3 <3 

That..Crazy...Black, Feather Boa, I found {for two dollars...}  while travelling with Allyson, and Dale...this Fall...also, found a Perfect Place. <3 }


Peg's Shadow Box...found a Home, in the spare bedroom.
<3

{Yeah...John Roared...when I showed him that book.
: ) 
<3
Thought I should read it, Cover to Cover...
Immediately. 
Hahahahaha.
<3 
{It's Actually...Very Good. <3 }

Everything...my hands have touched, 
while re-setting...this room, 
has brought back So Many Wonderful Memories.
<3 <3 <3 

Priceless.
Priceless.
<3 <3 <3 

No comments: