Saturday, December 19, 2020

Are Ya Ready....Boots??? Start Walkin'!


 Hahahaha!!!!
When I sat down to write, today... thought of the Nancy Sinatra tune, above.
<3
It was the first song...I learned to sing, I was three.
I, remember...Dad, always asking me to "Sing it again....", while I was perched beside him...
on the doghouse...of our Econoline Pickup, bouncin' down the road.
<3 <3 <3 

It seemed Perfect, for yesterday.
I, knew if I could get my old...Boots on, I could get to work.
{Shoes...weren't gonna cut it. }
It was a Painful...Trick,
 had to take a butcher knife...after I carefully got my sock on...and cut it down the side, so it wasn't too tight, on my leg...
 but...once I got the old...Boot, on...
my ankle, and leg...were much Happier.
: )
{I..was a bit... afraid, after I got the boot on, my bad foot, 
I...might have to sleep in it...for a week. 
Hahahaha!!!
Wasn't sure I could get it back off!!!
 But, I did. : ) }

It was an INSANE...Day!
{Like a Clip from the Movie...'Trains, Planes...and Automobiles'!!!}

Helper, Brandon...is Awesome, but... holy smokes.
It's Always...and Adventure, when we work together!!!
Hahahaha!!!
{I need to wear a 'Body Cam', on some of these Escapades. ; ) Nobody...would Ever Believe The Stories...without Images, to back them up. oh my. ; ) }

When Brandon, and I...finally....got home, we started cleaning the rabbit hole, to make room, for yet....More...
'Estate' Items, from Iowa City.
oh my.

I'm so Grateful, Pal...Don, helped load the Amana Sofa, and Grandfather Clock.
<3
I'm guessing, I could've done it, but...Brandon and I...would still be there.
: )
I'm moving...but, Very Slow.

The Sofa...had to find shelter, in our House.
It's Beautiful...and, didn't want it to be damaged, at The Rabbit Hole.
So...had to move many pieces, of Furniture...here, to get it inside.
oh my.
I gave the Grandfather Clock, to Son in Law...Adam, for Christmas...a little early.
He's been looking for one. 
<3
So, when Adam...came to pick it up, he helped Brandon carry the Amana Sofa, inside.
<3

It was a Zoo...around here, really...the Entire Day...was a 'Zoo'!!!
oh my!

When I finally...got the floors cleaned, and everything put in order, last night....
I, fixed myself a Huge...Bloody Mary, in an Old Quart Jar, and sat down next to The Tree.
<3

 Exhausted, in most every way....one could possibly be.
: )
It, actually...felt kinda good.
: )


It's the first time...in a long, long...time, I felt a little contentment.
<3

Lit the candles....
put my feet up....
sipped, on that Giant...Bloody Mary, and...took it all...in. 
<3
Christmas Music...plays 24/7....in the Big Room, like always, after Thanksgiving.
<3 <3 <3 

It...was very Soothing.
<3
{maybe...even...a little...
'Magical'. ; ) }


I'm not keeping the Beautiful...Sofa, but...it will be safe, here...until it finds a new Home.
{Adam...actually...Loves It. {so does Liz. <3 } so...it may wind up, with them, too. }


Liz sent me this image...of The Grandfather Clock, after they got it set up, in their Home, last night.
I'll have to go there, and get it running for them.
They can be a little Tricky.
I've worked on many clocks...over the years.
I, can usually...get 'em goin'. ; )

Decided I should've named Peanut...'Tripper'... Hahahaha!
Oh My.
<3
She's quite....a 'Peanut'.
She can't see me, but...always seems to look right into my Heart. 
<3 <3 <3 
She's..a Pistol, when there's Company, but...so Soulful, and Precious, when we're alone.
<3 
She's a Great...Watch Hound.
; )
Not much get's past her.
<3 



I want to Thank... Shannon, and her Beautiful Daughter... Myra, for loaning me Crutches.
They popped in, last week, to retrieve them.
<3
Shannon, {AKA 'Alice'} has been Such a Blessing, in my Life.
She helped me So...with my hand, and arm...when I crushed it, a couple of years ago.
Now, with This...Mess, of a left Foot!!!
hahahahaha!
Oh...my.
Blessings. 
<3 <3 <3 

I'm going to work on The Tree, a bit...today, and put a little more 'Christmas' out.

Like...last year, we'll be having Christmas, on New Year's Day.
It was really difficult, last year...with the date change.
This...year, well...the way I see it, it'll give me an extra week, to find Christmas.
I, think...maybe, I'm gettin' there.
<3 
Slowly...
Like, Everything...Else!!!

Those...Sparks of Christmas Magic, are....Absolutely...Priceless.
<3 <3 <3 

Love...to You.
Prayers...for All.
Barb C. 



No comments: