Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Sometimes...ya simply, have to Laugh.





I...Gotta Tell Ya,
It's been a Real...Interesting Day.
; )

I'm finally getting the Insurance Settlement, for the Hurricane Damages, and Basement Flooding, from back in July/August.

We had 90,000 Dollars, in Storm Damages.
The Insurance...is paying 52, 000.
Part of that, is my fault...I didn't have enough coverage on the Outbuildings.

{When John was here...he could fix most anything. <3
This...is the first Claim, since 25 years ago...when The IDOT last...Wrongfully Flooded us.
We...don't turn things in, to Insurance.
We Fix Them.
Out of Pocket.
Don't want our Premiums to go up, any higher.
I, had No Choice....with these two....Disasters.}


The Recent... Wrongful...IDOT/Trail...Basement Flooding Damages, just came in at 9,000...and change.
I'll be paid, just under 4,000. to Fix It.
oh my.

You can read the e-mail...I sent back to Pekin, concerning the Basement.
I called Serve Pro...when I saw these numbers....today, who was too busy after the Hurricane, to come back out...and give me an Estimate.
They, are familiar...with our clean up, and gutting. They can give me a Fair....Estimate.

I'll go with whatever they come up with, but...9,000. {4,000, after deductible, and depreciation. } for a Gutted Basement, surely....doesn't seem Fair.

Told the Adjuster, sure wish Pekin's Appraiser from St. Louis...could fix our Basement, for his estimate.
Obviously...Labor, and Materials must be Far Less...Down South.
oh my.
{I, really liked the Appraiser, but....I don't think his numbers are even close.
We'll see. }



 Then...had a knock, at the door.
The Tree Trimmer, was here...to give me an estimate...on taking down a tree, by The Rabbit Hole, from the Storm...that's laying on The Hen House, I can't even get inside the Building.
Peanut, get's so excited..with Company, she Nearly...laid me out, on The Floor, Again!!!
Then... one of Justin's Helper's...walked in, with the Tree Trimmer, with Son, Justin...on his Phone, 
Frantically...wanting me to Drop Everything...and track down Helper, Brandon...who had the Shop Key, as a Customer was picking up a Vehicle.
oh my.

ZING!!!!
Hahahahaha!
I, can't Walk...on uneven ground, yet. 
I, Surely...can't Go Hunting...for Brandon!
Holy Smokes!!!!
ZING!!!

To make it Worse...Justin, is Deer Hunting, which...I Can't Stand To Think About.
{We Don't Discuss It.}
Nor...Can I Stand, to Cover His Butt...While He's Off for a Week... Killing Deer.
ZING!!!

I've asked Justin...over, and over....to leave a Key, with me, at the house...for the Shop, but...
Nooooo.
So...there it is.
oh my.

That little Rabbit, has had Enough...of The Hounds!!!
ZING!!!

When I saw the below...quote, earlier...
It made me Laugh.
It's full of Profanity...but
It's The Truth!!!
; )
Without Going Through...Shit, A Lot...of Shit,
over the Years, how the Hell... could I ever Survive
This...
'Shit'.
Yes, I'm So Grateful.
For Everything.
<3



Love...to You.
Prayers, for All.
{Especially...The Deer. }

Barb C.

{Ron White...says it best, partially... to me...
when it comes to Deer Hunting. 
The above video, isn't the best, but...says enough. }

{Turns out, Helper, Brandon...was working Inside The Shop, with his Headphones on. 
He...didn't hear....Everyone Frantically...trying to get Inside. : ) }


Love It. 
<3

Thank God...for Brandon. 
<3 
He Holds Us All...
Together.
<3 
Priceless.
<3

No comments: