Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Christmas... Memories.

This...is the first Christmas...Ornament, I remember.
I, Treasure...It.
<3 
Always...will.
 <3

I remember, when I first saw it.
It adorned a little 4 foot tree, at Target, where I was working nights, when I was 16.
My very first Christmas, on my own.
{with Dolsey, my Beloved...Great Dane, too. <3 }

Money...was tight...tight...tight.
I fell in Love...with that little Tree.
but...couldn't afford it.

At that time, Target sold Trees, both adorned, or...you could buy just the tree.
I, so wanted that little Tree, adorned.
<3

Every night that I worked...I'd check and see...if  the little Tree was still there.
Too many bills to pay...to splurge on the little Tree.
but...
I kept setting a few dollars aside, every paycheck...
then, when I finally had enough money, I went to buy the little Tree.
: )

It waited for me.
<3
To my surprise...it went on sale...
 even had a little money left over.
<3

I remember setting it up, in our home.
That December...was so cold, but...inside that old trailer, with Dolsey, it was so cozy.

I was driving an old Ford... back and forth, to Target, and another job...I had, pumping gas, 
at a Derby Station.
The Ford's heater didn't work.
I used rubbing alcohol to keep the frost off of the inside of the windshield.
It didn't have any brakes, either.
I used the emergency brake, for brakes.
: )
It was a Trick...to drive....but, it got me to work on time, and...unscathed.
: )
I'd be so Frozen...when I'd get home, at night.

That little Tree, Dolsey...and that cozy...old trailer, was such a Blessing, to come home to.
<3

We rarely....had a Christmas Tree...when I was little.
I remember...in second grade, when my Teacher, Mrs. Riddle, put up a tree...in our classroom.
It was So Beautiful.
It was a Real Tree.
We all made ornaments for it...out of paper.
: )
The last day of school, before Christmas Vacation...Mrs. Riddle asked the class, if anyone didn't have a Tree, at home, and would they like to take our Tree home.
There were two of us, who didn't.
The other classmate, wanted it, but said his parents...probably wouldn't like it.
: (
So...I was the lucky one.
I remember...dragging that Tree, behind me...so Proudly....for 6 blocks, Home.
: )
It was Much bigger, than me.
but...I was Determined.
: )

I knocked on the door, Mom answered...
and, looked Very...Bewildered!!!
Hahaha!

I'm sure that Tree...was a Mess.
<3
but...it looked like a Million Dollars, to me.
<3
Mom helped me get it inside...and situated.
<3
All was Right...with The World, that Christmas.
<3
 
Love To You...
Prayers, always.

Barb C.

{Sure wish, I could feel that Magic, like before.
I, can't find it...this year.
Such...a loss.} 

No comments: