Saturday, December 12, 2020

Christmas Magic.

 When I write...about Christmas,
 and...how very Dear...it's been to me, for as long...as I can remember...
Until...this Year,
with the Butchering, and....Breach of Contract,
I Mean... Christmas was Magical.
<3 <3 <3 
Never...about money, gifts....but, I could always....always....See,
 Feel....
The Magic.
<3

Yesterday, out of the Blue...I was Extremely Blessed, to be Given...
Christmas Magic.
oh my.
I, really...had given up on it.

The phone rang...yesterday morning.
A young Woman...was on the other end of the line.
She asked...if my name is Barb, I...said...Yes, indeed. 
She said... "I have an Antique, I think you might be interested in."

I get several of these calls, weekly. I'd just decided, the day prior....to close The Rabbit Hole, and...certainly not purchase any more, but...like any True Blue... Antique Dealer, I wanted to hear about what she had...before I turned her away.
{Yes...I've always said... The Antique Business...is like The Mafia, There Ain't No Gettin' Out. ; ) }

The young Woman... went on, and asked...if my Mother's name...was Rose.
????
I, was a bit....taken back, but...told her, Yes...
?
Then... she told me her address.
<3
She said...that she, and her Husband...had purchased that Home, last year....and are doing some remodeling...
and...
in the rafters, in the basement...found my Mother's Diary, dated 1936.
Mom...would've been 16 years old.
<3
Several years before Mom... Married.
When, she was living on The Farm, near Mason City, Iowa.
<3 <3 <3 

'Magic'

The Home...the young Woman, 'Samantha'..., and her Husband, purchased, was the Home...
my Mom, and her first Husband, Les...had built, in the early 1950's.

Samantha...was so excited to find me.
: )
Said...she'd found Mom's Obituary...online, then...found me, after more...searching.
<3 <3 <3

I...was Stunned.
She wanted me to Have It...so...Much!!!
Told...Samantha about my mishap...and, can't drive, but...I'd love to meet her, and could pick it up...
in the near future.
<3 <3 <3 

Samantha...wouldn't Hear of It!!!
She, and her Mom...brought it to me, within a couple hours, of her call.
<3 <3 <3
Samantha, and her Mom.
<3
Samantha's, on the right....holding Mom's Diary, and pictures of Les, and Brother, Larry.




We had a Lovely...Lovely...Visit.
I, was So Grateful.
<3
I shared many stories...with them, about Mom, and my Brother, and Sisters, who lived there.

Mom, divorced Les...in the late 50's, Married my Dad, in 1960, then...they had me, in 63.
When Mom, and Les...divorced, she wanted nothing. Les, stayed in the Home...they'd built.
Merry Jo, my Sister, that's closest to my age... 8 years older than me....
lived shared custody, with Mom, and Les.
Brother, Larry, and Sister, Chery...were out on their own...when Mom, and Les...divorced.

I'd been inside that Beautiful...Home, several times when I was little.
Described the rooms, as I remembered them.
<3
Samantha said...I was spot on. <3

It warmed my heart....having Christmas Guests, even tho...nothing, seems right this year.
They so Loved...our Home, and were a bit...taken back, when they walked inside.
<3
Samantha said...what a Christmas Treat, it was for her...to see.
Her Mom...asked me, if this is where I 'Live'...or, is this my 'Store'????
Hahahaha....
Wish she could've seen it, Christmas Pasts.
Maybe...it's a good thing, they hadn't.


Samantha....wouldn't take any money...for Mom's Diary.
so...
I gave her two...Christmas Ornaments, from The Tree, that date from the same period...as her Home.
<3
One, I'd just bought, a few weeks ago.
Out of the Thousands of Vintage Ornaments I've collected, I've Never seen another, like it.
It's from the early 1950's.
Very simple, but....very...Cool.
<3



She was so taken back. <3
Said, she was going to go Home...and put them on Their Tree, First Thing!!
<3 

'Magic'.

<3 <3 <3 

We agreed to keep in touch.
<3

I called my Sister, Merry Jo, and told her about Samantha,...well...
the Whole...Story.
<3
She cried.
<3
I'll be sending the pictures... to Merry, soon, but...would like to read Mom's Diary, before I send it on.

Samantha found a picture of Les, and several baby pictures of my Brother, Larry....inside the Diary.
<3

I placed them all...on the Memorial, by St. Michael, with Mom's...and John's Ashes.
{and our Beloved 4 Legged Family's Ashes}



I read a little of Mom's Diary.
<3
Farm Life...Sleigh Rides, Visiting Relatives.
<3 <3 <3 
oh my.
<3

'Magic'.


I told Samantha, all about Les, and his second Wife....Mary, who lived there...for many decades.
<3
I got to know them...when I was an adult.
Especially, Mary.
Les, passed away...long ago.
Mary, and I... actually...became kind of close.
: )
Mary, was an Artist.
<3
I remember...being mesmerized by her Paintings, as a little Girl, when I visited Merry Jo, in now...Samantha's Home.
Told Samantha, which room...was Mary's Studio.
<3 <3 <3 

Mary brought her vehicles to John, over the years...when they needed a little work.
John, adored her.
<3
He, adored...my Mom, too. 
<3

Mom, never knew...about the relationship...we had with Mary.
Sometimes, things are simply best... left...alone. ; ) 

<3

The Visitors...truly Sparked Christmas Magic, for me...yesterday.
I even put more Christmas...out.
; )
Lit candles...and, 'Felt'...a little 'Magic', again.
That's Priceless.
<3
Priceless.
Like Samantha, bringing Mom's Diary.
oh my.
<3 


Not able to climb, with this injury.
But...am hobbling along.
; )
Folded up the walker, Pal, Sue...was so Kind, to loan me....
yesterday, determined...to not use it any longer.
It's painful...but, I'm getting there.
Slowly.
; )
Hope to be able to get a shoe, or boot...on, soon, so I can drive.
: )
The Boys, have Sally...all Tuned Up, and Ready To Roll!
New Skins... {tires}



She's been sittin'...a long...time.
I, really haven't driven her...since my last accident, two years ago...
 when I couldn't, like now...drive a stick.
: (
It'll be Fun...spinnin' donuts in the Old Gal, with this Snow!
{She's Good...at That!!! ; ) }
Well... we might have to wait, until...the next Snow.
: )
Soon, tho.
Soon.
<3
My Saint, of a Doctor...will be surprised. 
<3
; )

Love...to Ya.
Prayers, for All.
Barb C.






No comments: