Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Ya...Can, go Back.


It's kinda...funny.
As worried as I was...about 'Seeing'...my Favorite Aunt, and Uncle's...Farm, 
through these 'Grown Up'....eyes, 
well...
guess, I shouldn't have worried...so.
: )

I...Still...'See', The Barn Standing...Tall, and Proud.
<3
Still...'See', 'Blackie', the Wonderful....old, Labrador, Greeting me, with his Tail...Waggin'.
<3
Still...'See', The Chickens, Ducks, and Geese....and could...almost hear the Guineas....and....
Peacocks, perched in the Trees, letting Everyone Know....
'Company Is Here!'
<3
: )




The Cousin's...were there, working... Sunday afternoon, when I arrived.
: )
I walked up...the old, concrete steps, then...on, inside.
 Haven't been inside, since I was about 12.

 Expected...to smell....the Wonderful Scent, of Dillweed, hanging in the Kitchen, like always.
{Most Czech Kitchens, in my mind, should Always...have Fresh Dillweed, hangin' around. <3 }
I, didn't.
: (
The Cousins...had everything boxed up.
They've been cleaning, and packing...for weeks.

Stood in the Kitchen....
looking at all of the boxes.
Remembering...
Remembering.

Saw...things, packed, that I...'Knew'.


Felt my hands...cover my face..as I stood there.
I, couldn't....'Look',
 'See'...
any 
more.
I, was slipping...away...
melting.
oh my.
: (

Then,
Turned....
and walked into what used to be the Dining Room, 
where The Cousins, were gathered.
All...I could say, was...
"I'm puttin' on another Hat, now. 
 Have To.
Business Hat. 
If...I don't, I'm done."

Cousin...Sallie, I was always closest to... said, she wondered, how...I would handle this.
: (
Told her...I, wondered....too.
oh my.
{Florence's Funeral, was one of the most Difficult ones, I've ever attended.
She, was Such....an Amazing Woman.
She worked Harder, than any Three Men, I Know...Combined.
She Loved...Critters, and...The Earth.  <3 <3 <3 
Beautiful...Inside, and...Out.
<3 <3 <3 }

I, noticed the Old...Victrola, that had been upstairs.
The Cousin's had just brought it down.
I, remember....Sallie, and me...cranking that Victrola, over...and over, and listening to the old...records.
: )
 Took a video, above....
of Cousin's Sallie, and  Randy...along with Randy's Wife....Sharon, as we all stood there, listening to it, again.
<3 <3 <3 


It didn't take me long....however....
to have to step outside, and....
look through the Buildings.

We walked into The Barn.
<3
I, remember....Florence, milking the Cow....there.
<3
Looked up, and saw...an Old...Old... Coca Cola Cooler.
Randy, shared Many Memories...of That Old....Cooler.
: )





When I stepped away, from The Barn....
I, looked across the Pasture.
Saw...a big Dumpster.
 Asked Randy...what was in it.

He said.....
"Old...scrap iron, and junk...from The Barn. 
The recycler's are coming tomorrow, to get it."
uh oh.....

Didn't take me long, to get to it...or, climb the side...of it, to see...what they'd Pitched.
oh my.

It was raining...
but, threw my umbrella down...
and began pointing to things...
that had Better Get Pulled Out, now.
; )

Soon, Gary.... Cousin Susie's Husband....joined us.
<3
: )

{Men, soon become 'Boys'...when ya show 'em....
'Remind'...them, 
how Extremely Cool....
some of that 'Junk'....Truly....Is. : ) <3 }


 


I kept pointing at Things...That OUGHT NOT...go to Scrap.
<3
They...Kept Diggin'. <3


Randy, kept...sayin'...
"This is all Rusty...."

Hahahaha....
Yep, I kept sayin'...
If it was New, and Shiny....I wouldn't be askin' you to Rescue It!!
: )

Then, Randy....pulled something out, that...I thought he was 'Pullin' my Leg'...on.


It was an Old.... Indian Motorcycle Wrench.
Holy...Smokes.
<3 <3 <3 


Randy, kept....Diggin'.
<3
Then, after...a bit, he...said,
"I think we've dug as deep, as we can....'Safely'."

I, said... 
"I get it. 
Guess...that's it. 
Only thing left to do...
Is Keep Diggin'...
 'Unsafely'.
; )
 Keep Diggin'....Boys."
; ) 

Hahahahaha!

They...Did!!
Bless Their Hearts!!!
<3 <3 <3 




We pulled...some Very....Cool Things, from their Demise.
<3 <3 <3 






Randy, told me about the encounter...he'd had with a Huge...Snake, while he was cleaning The Barn.
I'm not afraid...of Snakes, but...I don't stay around them long....either. : )
Live....and, Let Live.
{With a lot of Space...between us. ; ) }


After Long...Conversations....with 'Cousins',
it was time to go Home.
Sallie, walked me to Jethro.
Just...as I was going to open the door, Sallie said....
"Uh Oh! Look Out!! Snake!"

I, looked at it....and said, "Don't catch it...until I get a Picture!"
Asked her...while I was taking pictures, " What Kind...of a Snake...is it???"

She said....
"Rubber."

Hahahahaha!
It was a Rubber Snake, she'd tried to scare me with.
: ) : ) : ) 
I'm No Fun.
: )
There's a Long...Story, around This.
Another...
Day.
<3 



Sallie.
<3 <3 <3 

Told the Cousin's....
I'd help them....with anything they need.
<3
: )
It, almost...
almost...
felt like Old...Times.
: )
'Family'.
oh...my.
<3

Love...to Ya.
Barb C. 

{Spent the day...on The Road. 
Another...
Long...Story, tomorrow.
 oh my. 
<3 }

No comments: