Wednesday, September 23, 2020

The Last...Key.

 

Took a walk...down the rabbit hole, this morning.
The morning's have been cool, and....somehow, my coffee always tastes a little better, these crisp mornings.

I walked barefooted, through the dew laden grass.
<3
I, know...I sound like a broken record, but...you truly, have no idea....
how incredibly difficult it is to 'see'...what's happening around home.
oh my.
Has been, for so long.
Too...long.


When I walked inside, the little rabbit hole, my eyes...fell upon the Christmas present, I'd given Peg...
several years ago.
Michael...brought so many of Peg's Treasures, to me... when he moved back to Iowa.
<3

Peg, would never let me 'buy'...her anything for Christmas.
She Insisted, I make her something, with my hands.
<3
That, was so Easy...for Peg, to do.
She, like John...was an Incredible Artist.
<3
Me....ah, not so much.
: )
Peg, saved all of the tags, I'd written on, when she'd pick things out, from the rabbit hole.
oh...my.
<3
So, that year....as Peg was battling cancer, I wrote her a note, on an old tag, then...gave her one of the hand cut, tin....Key's...that John had made.
<3



I've seen the Key, in one of the boxes, over the months, but....
couldn't pick it up...to read, what I'd written, until....now.
oh my.

A Soul...can only take so much.
I've had to be...very careful.

I gave Peg, a 'Streams in the Desert'...Book, with the Key.
It's carried me, through some difficult times, to say the least.
<3
I remember reading in my Streams, long ago....
'Don't be discouraged, for it may be the last key on the ring...that Opens the Door."
<3
It's so...true.
Difficult, to remember...while frantically fumbling...through key, after...key, after...key.
oh...my.

When I walked inside, the first thing....I saw, was a little Heart, sitting on an old...clock, by the door.
<3




a...tiny, yet....powerful, reminder...
we never walk alone.
<3

I've been backed into a corner...a lot, over the last few years.
Especially, over the last several months.
I, don't like that.
I, guess...nobody, does.
I, so...dislike confrontation.
I, just want to be treated fairly, and.... be told the Truth.
I, just want to live, and let live.

Guess, we all...do.
If...Folks would only...do, the right thing.
Keep their word, and....be respectful....of their Neighbors.
That's all.

I've been Blessed, by some Folks, who...are looking out for me.
I've had to lean on them....That's so....difficult, when I Know...
Everyone, is fighting their own...battles.
oh my. 

I, remember....when I was about 19, Dad...had hired two guys, a little older, than me...
 to help him scrap some Farm Machinery.
I was working two jobs, and had obligations with the Horses.
Dad, called me early...one morning.
He had to walk...3 miles, to get to a phone.
{Dad, would've been about 70 years old.}
He was living in the Old...Farmhouse, where he was scrapping..
He told me, the guys, he'd hired...had backed him into a corner, the night before, took the keys, to our Old Ford, that was loaded, and ready to go to the scrap yard, the following morning.

I called John, we picked Dad up....and started searching for The Ford, and the guys.
We went to the scrap yard, I talked to Henry, the owner of the Yard, he...told me the guys had already been there, and sold the load.
: (
So...we kept searching.
We spotted the Ford, in a parking lot.
Hood up, one of the guys...was trying to get it running.
{Loyal...Old Ford. <3 }
and...
one....was trying to take the license plates off.
: (
oh my.

John, parked in front of The Ford, I bailed out.....of the car, and....
Lost My Mind.

The guy, who'd been under the hood, ran to the driver's door.
He didn't have a chance, to open it, before I got to him.
I asked him...how he liked being 'Backed into a Corner?'
oh my.
Asked him...to go ahead, try....to treat me, like he, and his buddy, treated Dad, the night before.
Again...he didn't have a chance.
I saw Red. So...did the guy.
I'd never sworn in front of Dad, before...that morning.
He'd never seen me that angry, frankly...I don't ever recall...being that angry, in my life.

John, was standing over the guy, that was still crouched, on the ground, at the bumper...of the Old..Ford.
I, remember...glancing over my shoulder...to make sure, that guy wasn't going to come from behind.
Oh my...when I saw John...smokin' a Stogie....then, flicking it, in the other guy's face...
asking him...
"Where's the Loot?" repeatedly....in a way, that John...was so...very good at...
I, gotta tell ya, both of those guys, got a little taste, of what's it's like....
to be backed into a corner.

We got the 'Loot'...the guys took off running.

When I got back in the car...where Dad, was sitting, in the back seat, nothing mattered, except, I felt ashamed...that Dad, had heard me swear, and...see, that some of his 'Boxing Skills', were handed down.

When I think about this...it makes me understand, how painful...it's been for our Children, to watch what's been happening to their Mom.
oh my.
Liz would Love...for me to leave Fairfax.
Sell...and, leave.
We can't discuss it, anymore.
: (
I told her...I can't have any negativity....around me.
You're either....with me, or against me.

I, wish....this wrongful...battle could've been settled as quickly, as that one.
Some of that...is my fault.
It's so much easier...to fight for someone I love, that's been wronged.
I, spend too much time, trying...hoping, those who have wronged me...will see the light, and do the right thing.
Obviously...that's not going to happen.
: (

So...I'm calling in, those...who can Help.
Protect.
{Legally}
I...have no choice.
: (
I'm backed into a corner.
Just...like Dad, oh my....
I can't imagine how difficult it was for Dad, to call me....
that Saturday morning, so many years ago.
: (
actually...I, can.

All I've asked for, is to be treated fairly. 
Nothing more.
People...to do their Jobs, and...Care, about Others.
Treat Other's... like They'd like to be Treated, or...have Their Loved Ones, Treated.
That's all.

I'm going to begin writing letters.
 Much...is already on the record, but....not everything.
It has to be, for future's sake.
I, can't choke....anymore.
I, can't depend...that Folks will do the right thing.
They've proven, again...again...they don't deserve that benefit...any longer.
: (

Maybe...I've finally found the Last...Key, on the ring.

Please...Pray for me, my Family....and The Helpers.
<3 <3 <3 
{and...those who are 'wrongful'.
 They, most likely need Prayers, the most.}

Love...to Ya.
Barb C.








No comments: