Friday, September 18, 2020

Adventures...

Spent the afternoon, yesterday....
with Nephew, Billy.
: )
He's just a year younger, than me...
but...
I'm still his ... Old, 'Auntie'.
Hahahaha....
Billy lives in DC, and is a Lawyer, for the Government.
He doesn't get back to Iowa, very often, but...every few years, when he does, he always calls,
we hook up, and catch up.
: )
<3 <3 <3 

We talk for hours, every visit.
We share the same thoughts, on so much.
<3 <3 <3 
Billy came here, to the rabbit hole, before we went to lunch.
I wanted him to 'see'...what his 'Auntie', is dealing with, at home.
He told me several times, he really....didn't want to 'see'.
I made him come see...anyway.
He couldn't believe it.
I, can't...either.
Nobody...can. 

Thinking back, on our conversations...over the years, when Billy comes back, 
they always turn to his childhood, his Fond...Memories, spending time with my Dad, working...and being around the Horses, old Trucks...and Tractors.
: )
Billy's life, was so different, than mine.
He grew up, in a 'Leave it to Beaver'...home.
: )
Actually, all of my Nieces, and Nephews...did.
They had structure.
I remember, my Sister, Billy's Mom...being so angry with Dad, one day.
{They didn't know I was standing outside the door.}
She said...to Dad, "You aren't letting Barbie be a Child. You expect too much from her, and you should let her be a 'Kid'."
: (
I, was about 8, or 9.
I was so Angry, with her, for yelling at Dad.
{I knew, he was very hurt. : ( }
I thought, to myself, if she thinks...I'd prefer to live like she does, 
she's mistaken.

I would've been so miserable....living a so called, 'Normal'...life.
Life, is difficult.
Without growing up, the way I did, I don't know how....
I could've been prepared, for 'Life'...as an 'Adult'.

Dad, taught me so much.
I learned self confidence.
That's priceless.
I, think...that's what my Friends, and Nephews, that would come, and spend time with us, Loved Most...about Dad...too.
To this day, when I see them, they all bring up the times, they spent with Dad, and working with him.
It was 'work'...but, it was more of an Adventure.
: )
Always.
Ya never knew, where ya might wind up, at the end of the day.
: )
{Ya knew, you'd be Dirty, and Tired!! <3 {Happy, and...Content, too... <3 }
Ya might have to push a truck, to get it started.....
Ya might, sit down for Dinner, with a Farm Family, you'd met...for the first time, that day.
Be included, like you're Family.
Ya might, run out of gas...in the middle of nowhere, and have to walk...to a Farmhouse, and ask the Farmer if you could buy a few gallons of gas, then...sit with him...and listen to Dad, and the Farmer...reminisce, for hours.
: )

My Friends, and Family...that were part of our 'Lives'....back in the day, when I see them, now...
remember 'those' times, as some of their favorite memories.
<3

I, was so Blessed. 
I, knew that. Always.
No Regrets.

I think, what I struggle with, most....is trying to fit into a 'Structured' lifestyle.
The truth is, it's not much Fun.
: (
Work, has never been a problem. I'm not afraid of work.
It's the 'Passion', and 'Adventure'....that's lacking, these days.

John, and Dad....both, understood....how very important 'Adventure'....is.
: )
It can wear ya out, but...at the end of the day, a Day of Adventure, can be exhausting, but...in such a Good Way.
: )
That kind, of being worn out, is awesome.
This kind, well...it's not.

I, think...about Thanking.. Peg, so often....for coming to help me, over the years.
I, couldn't understand...why, she'd keep coming back.
Lord Knows...we Worked So Hard.
: )
She'd smile at me...and say, "You don't understand....This, feeds my Soul, I should be thanking you."
I, never 'got it'....until, now.
: )
We most definitely...had some 'Adventures'.
oh my.
: )
Hahahahaha!
{I sure Miss...Peg's Laughter....in the Midst of Chaos!}

'Impossible'...isn't in my vocabulary, Thanks, to Dad.
<3
When ya think like that, trust me....
the
'Adventures'
are Sure....
to Follow!!!
Hahahaha!!!

Everyone....who's been 'Close'...to me, understood/understands that.
I, think....they've surprised themselves....at times, how Very Much, One Can Do, 
if,
 One...Set's Their Mind....to It.
: )
That's Liberating.

It's a Great Feeling, when everything was against ya...
yet, ya persevere....and see it through.
Win, Lose....or Draw.
; )
At the end, it really doesn't matter, which.
It matters, that ya weren't intimidated by a situation...did your Best, 
and....enjoy The Ride, a little, at least.
: )

Enjoying the Ride, has been difficult, over the last several years.
Dealing with too many so called... 'Adults'....makes me Crazy.
{Especially...when they have little 'Common Sense'.}
I, will...have to say, I've found some humor....here, and there.
: )

I'm headin' back, down the rabbit hole, this afternoon.
Keep diggin'...away.
That's...Always....
Quite, an 'Adventure'...
 Indeed.
; )

Love...to Ya.
Barb C.

Peg...
after One, of our 'Adventures'.
oh my.
<3
That Old, White Ford...Ton Truck, was our 'Chariot'...on Many.
; )


Time to slip...my Boots on. 
After meeting with Billy, I always think of the Jo Dee Messina Tune...
'I'm Alright'.
: )
We both, always Hope, the Other...is Doin' Alright.
Life....is Quite a 'Journey'.
; )





No comments: