Friday, September 25, 2020

Trying....to find my way back.

Walked to the rabbit hole, this morning.
Put a little water, in the Fountain.
Fed...the Fish....in the Trough.
<3



They are HUGE!
I, don't even know how old they are.
Many...Years...old.
<3
The Koi...are at least 14 inches long.
They were tiny...when I brought them home.
Not much bigger than Minnows.
<3
Then, a few years ago.... I noticed 'Other'...Fish in the Trough....that I didn't put in there.
That....was a Surprise!
I think they're Bluegill.
<3
I don't know how....they found their way, down the rabbit hole.
Some, think...a Bird, might have brought eggs, on their feet, from the Creek.
I, don't know.... but, I love seeing them.
There...are Many.
<3

It's kinda..strange, that's the way....'Fish'...began, down the rabbit hole, about 20 years ago.
Only had the Fountain, then.
{The one...I just got goin'...in the front Greenhouse}

One...Christmas Day....we had a bit of a blow up...at the Dinner Table.
It was between the Young Adult/Teenage, Kids.
A disrespectful conversation.
{They were all...old enough to know better.
I waited for John, to put a stop to it, he...didn't.}

I've never tolerated arguing...in our Home. 
Ever.
Never...at the Dinner Table,
 especially...
during
'Christmas Dinner'.


So, I excused myself...and walked down to the rabbit hole.
 Stood inside the Greenhouse...looking at the Beautiful...Fountain.
I'd put Evergreen Branches...in the Big...Fountain's...bowl, for the Holiday Season.
: )
It was warm enough...inside the Greenhouse, the Fountain...hadn't frozen, and the water...was running, so....beautifully.
So....Calming.
My heart...was so...heavy, {Christmas..is very important. }
but.... like always, the rabbit hole, soothed my soul.
<3

Then, all of a sudden, I saw something MOVE....in the water!
It Startled Me!
I Jumped Back!

Oh my...
It was a Fish.
<3
A Big Minnow!
All....I could think of...
"There Is Life!!!"
<3 <3 <3 
It was such an ugly...Christmas, that year.
but....
God, showed me.....
'There is Life'.
<3 <3 <3 

The Minnow, was brown....in color.
but...within a few weeks, he'd turned Orange.
<3
Then, I saw another.
<3 <3 <3 

There were Two.
I'm not sure...how they found their way to the rabbit hole...
the only thing I can figure...
I'd bought some Water Plants, that late...Summer, and...maybe, the eggs were on them.
Doesn't matter.
That Christmas...Day, that First...little Fish, was The Best Christmas Gift...
I received!!!
<3 
They were both very gentle...and, so Friendly, and tame.

Sadly, several years later....they passed away.
They, are both buried...beside the rabbit hole.

I wasn't going to bring any fish, back....
but, I was at Walmart, one day....
and saw the little Fish, so crowded...in a tank, there....
I bought 5.
Two Koi, and 3 Goldfish.
We've lost a couple...to Critters, but...somehow...I think, when we clean the Trough, there's gonna be Many, Many....More, than we started with.
: )

None of these are as tame.....as the first Two.
but...that's o.k.
: )
They seem Happy.
That's all that matters.
<3

I'd like to clean this trough out, before it turns cold....
I keep a stock tank heater, in it over the Winter.
It's amazing...how these little Creatures have survived, and....thrived.
<3 <3 <3 
I've worried about them...with all of the poison dust, from the IDOT's Dump, across the road.
The tank....has to be filled, at the bottom....with concrete, and asphalt dust.
: ( 



 






John shared the above post on my FB Page...7 years ago, yesterday.
Oh my...
<3 <3 <3 
God...only knows, how much I miss him.


Yesterday, was a tuff day.
It was my Sister, Merry Jo's... Birthday.
 Called her, and wished her a Happy...Day. <3
We talked, for a long...long, time.
I was filling her in, on everything.
{Only...because she asked. : ( }
Sadly...I made her cry...
: (
me...too.
I...didn't mean to do that.
: (
Especially....on her Birthday.
: (
That's...why, I don't call very often.
She worries...like Mom, did.
: (
I, don't talk to Family...or, Friends....very often.
They...feel so helpless....I, don't want them...to feel that way.
: (
It sounds strange....but, it's easier....to talk to Folks I don't know.

 Think...I'm gonna make it rule, like the 'No Talking Politics' Rule....
 down the rabbit hole.
No...talking about any of this 'wrongfulness'...there, either.
Ya can't get away from it, in our Home...anymore, or....outside...but, I can't have any of it...
contaminating my 'Sanctuary'.
A...
"Don't  Ask...and Don't Tell" Rule...
down the rabbit hole.
: )

I thought the below...quote, was a perfect example, of how to juggle Life.
This...mess, included.
I, used to be able...to do that, without thinking about it.
It's been much more difficult, this time around.
I've got to try...and find my way back, to this way of thinking.
<3




Love...to Ya.
Barb C.



{John came to the rabbit hole, that Christmas Day. 
We had a long chat, about what had transpired....at the Dinner Table.
: )
John, agreed...he should've stepped in.
<3
Nothing...like that, ever happened again.
<3
 Home...
should be your Family's Sanctuary.
Family...should be respectful of each other, always....
but, especially...within it's Walls, 
and...
Especially....at The Dinner Table. 
Just sayin'.
; )
<3
Ya want to argue...pick...and prod, 
do it...elsewhere. 

I, reminded....John, we'd Both seen Enough of 'That'...growing up, 
we couldn't allow it, in our Home.
Ever. 
He...agreed. <3 }

No comments: