Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Ya Should've Seen It...in Color.


Took a ride, with a Dear Friend, yesterday....
about three hours...from Home.
: )
We went to visit her Uncle.
He's 95, and...lives on a Farm, that's been in the Family, since...the Civil War era.
My Friend, told me....not much has left the Farm, since then.
They needed some direction, on which way to go....with everything.
I was happy...to help, if...I could.

When we arrived, and...walked inside the old Farmhouse, I could smell...the wood burning Cookstove.
<3
It was keeping the Kitchen...Toasty, it...was a Chilly....Day.
{Outside. : ) }
Nothing...Heats, like Wood.
<3




The Uncle, came from the back of the House...and greeted us, in the Kitchen.
: )
Oh...my, it took me back.
<3
We visited for a while...then, started going through....the House, room...by room.
: )
Stories....Memories...
Everywhere.
<3
It wasn't long....I had to say, "Let's go outside, and go through the Buildings. We'll get back to the House...later. : ) "

I, can only take....so many....Memories, at a time, these days. 
<3




One of the Shed's....was Filled with Wood, that Neighbors...had just helped The Uncle, get ready, for another...Winter.
<3
The Old...Wood Burning Cookstove, won't go hungry. <3 

This is where they had cut, and split...wood, the day before we visited.
I'll bet, there was a Lot of Sweat, while splittin' all of the wood, for the Stove.
<3


Every Building, Barn...and Shed, was...Full.
Years, of 'Living'....carefully....stored within.
<3


As we walked...over the Property, I noticed the Most...Amazing, Old...Pine Tree.
<3
oh...my. 
I asked The Uncle, about it.
He...said his Beloved...Wife, had planted it, when she was a little Girl.
<3
He showed me, with his hands, how tall...The Pine was, when...she planted it.
<3
He Lost...her, early....this year.
: ( : ( : ( 
oh...my.
: (




<3 <3 <3 




The Uncle....and, I...had some Wonderful...Conversations.
<3
When, my Friend, and another...Dear Friend, who rode with us...went to get us all...some Lunch, 
The Uncle....and, I...sat in the Kitchen, and visited.
I, listened....mostly.
: )
He...spoke...so Lovingly, about his Soulmate.
<3 
Loss.
Memories.
<3
The Journey.
: )
The struggles, at the end.
: (

{ it's pretty easy, to 'Listen'...when the Folks Speakin', 
are honest, and...knowledgeable. }
<3

It's amazing, how...much we all...truly, have in common.

As The Uncle, and I....walked over the Grounds, he mentioned...early, that he should've grabbed his cane.
I, offered to go get it for him...
he, said...no.

By...the time we were getting ready to leave, he was walking better than me!!
<3
The Uncle, was a Marine...
{'Is' a Marine. 'Once a Marine, Always...a Marine'. : ) }

It was a Gift....to Visit, my Dear Friend's Uncle.
: )
Told both of them, I'll help....any way....I can.
Whatever they want, I'll help.
It's a Gift...to be around Folks, like These.
: )
It...Truly, Is.
<3 
These...are the Kind of Folks...Dad 'Knew', and...
introduced me to, as a child.
<3 <3 <3 

'The Real Deal'....Folks.
Priceless.

Love to Ya.
Barb C. 







 

No comments: