Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Playing the Hand...Dealt.


Friend, Cindy....popped down the rabbit hole, yesterday.
Tho... it was wonderful....seeing her, I sure didn't want her to see the Rabbit Hole, 
in the condition it's in.
She wouldn't take no...for an answer.
<3



 She cried... when she was making her way to the door.
Cindy, was brokenhearted, when she saw what the IDOT, and Fairfax...has done, to us...wrongfully,
for a trail, nobody should ever walk on.

but....
when she walked up the steps...dust covered...everything, she said...
"It's So Good...to be here"
: )

It's difficult, to explain...how that little 'rabbit hole', even...as broken, as it is...
somehow, envelops your soul.
Everything, is turned upside down.
Chaos....everywhere, yet....somehow, it...embraces 'the broken'.
It...always, always....has.
<3

oh...my.

As I work, there...it comforts me, as well.
It's truly...like stepping into another world.
I, can shut the door behind me, leave...the 'Human'.... 'Madness'...outside.
As crazy, and disheveled, as it is.



Three partial Estates, have been piled inside, since last Winter, and Spring.
Literally...Piled...inside.
So many things, of Peg's.
It's so difficult, going through her 'Treasures'.
Peg's Mother in Law, Geri's...too.
oh my.

I met Peg, through Geri... 25 years ago.
<3
Peg, and I...were closer than any of my Sisters, and I...are.
Peg, always called me, the Sister, she never had.
<3 <3 <3 

As I was going through the Boxes, her Beloved...Michael, brought me, oh my.
The Beautiful...Beautiful...Lace.
Peg, and I would sit, and go through Vintage Lace, for hours.
<3
There's no way...I can sell, some of it.
It'll be used as display, and...I know some Folks won't like that...
that's too bad.
I, simply...can't bear to let it go.
It all, originally came from the rabbit hole, it...belongs there.





I, know....Cindy...is hurting, so... after losing Tom.
I'm happy, the rabbit hole, gave her some Comfort.
<3 <3 <3 

She, was a Beautiful...Blessing, to me....as well.
She, always...has been.
She's been such a Gift, in my life.
Tom....too.

Little, by little...I'm making some headway.
It's a very slow process.
I took the front of the greenhouse, down...on Monday.
Pal, Steph...stopped by, and offered to lend a hand.
I, sent her...away, knowing how much she has on her own plate.
Seems, everyone...is paddling as hard as they can, these days.
I promised Steph, if I needed a hand, with something Huge, I'd call her.
<3 
Steph, and..I....kind of work, the same way.
: )
She was stunned, by the IDOT's devastation....too.
: (
She, kept saying...trying so...to be 'positive'....
"Maybe, we can plant something, here, or....put up a fence...there."
: (: ( : (
<3
All...things, I'd also...thought of, when...I could actually 'look', at the carnage.

It's like...'Playing the Hand, you're Dealt.'
We're both...very good...at that.
This time, this... 'Game', well...it's so....incredibly Personal, and....Wrong.
It's like trying to play Poker, with Obvious Cheaters.
: (

How do ya make sense, or justify...that.
: (
I, haven't figured how...to do that.

I'm heading down the rabbit hole, and....keep picking away...at it.
A little...at a time.

Love...to Ya, 
Barb C. 




No comments: