Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Put That Hammer Down...and Give It Hell. {Never mind...those brakes. }

Oh my....
had a little Fun, today.
'Fun'...always...seems to Find It's Way...
down the rabbit hole, when ya least expect it.
: )
I had my day...planned out.
A Contractor, was supposed to come visit, and...assess the Hurricane Damages, this afternoon.
He didn't show.
{I, know....they are all...Losing Their Minds, around here...these days. <3 }
Pal, Wanda...and her Beloved...Terry, were gonna swing by, and pick up...too.
Wanda, invited me to Lunch...with her, and....Terry, I had plenty of time...before the contractor...was scheduled to arrive, so...I agreed.
<3
We had a Lovely...Visit.
<3
As we were leaving the restaurant...
Wanda, came running up...to Jethro, and said...
"Don't Leave...the Van won't start."

I'm not a Mopar person...
the Only thing...I know, about Mopar's...
They Are Temperamental.
{and...expensive...to Fix.
Nothing...like a 'Ford'. ; ) }

After listening to it, I...thought, it could be the alternator...
could be...the battery.
Things, are different these days.
Back in Our Day...a Battery, would give some warning...before it Died.
Not...like.. John always said...with these New...Computer Driven...Vehicles.
A Battery, can Die, in a moment.
If the computer can't get enough energy...your vehicle...will do some Crazy...things.
It's True.
I ran home...grabbed Justin's....Amazing, 'Snap On'...Jump Pac.{it drives me Crazy...how Expensive....these New 'Tools'...are. oh my... But, I'm so Thankful...how small, and Quick...They Work. ; ) }

I, jumped Wanda's Van...over, and over.
It would run...for a few moments, then...die.
: (
I, called Sankot's...Garage, in Fairfax...just a few miles from where we were sittin'.
They didn't have a Hauler, to come get it...but, if we could get it there...
they'd try to help.
<3
So...I told Terry, and Wanda...I'd follow them, if Terry could keep it running, when we got close to Sankot's.., I'd pass them, and lead them in.
Terry, had to Keep the RPM's Up...Not Let the Van...die.
We didn't make it out of the Parking lot.

Terry, is an Amazing...Driver, he's just not used to Driving...'Broken'.
I, am.

I don't turn the Keys..to Jethro...over to Anyone.
but...
I, knew...if we were going to get that Van....to Sankot's...
I'd have to drive it.
Terry, would have to Drive....Jethro.
oh my.

Poor Wanda!!!
Hahahaha...
She rode with me, in The Van!!!
It brought back Memories...of headin' to Nashville, with Peg, and....Wanda, and...Wanda, turning White as a Ghost...crossing a Certain Bridge.
<3 
Hahahahaha.
Oh...My!!!

I kept the RPM's UP...and had The Brakes...Smokin'.
Had to.
Wanda said...as we were FLYING....
"I smell something burning'.
: )
Yep...Those, are The Brakes.
I have to Ride Them....nearly as Hard, as the Gas.
I've gotta keep the RPM's Up...or, this...Van....will die.
We'll be Jumpin' It....every 300 feet.
Hang On...we'll get there.
; )

THAT...was my Fun...for The Day.
: )
We Got There....
: )
Terry, too...with Jethro.
<3
When Terry climbed out...of Jethro.... at Sankot's....he said, 'Jethro's got a Deep Clutch.'
: )
Yes....Indeed.
; )
He's...a Trick, to Drive....but, Oh My....So Much Fun. <3 

Sankot's put a new Battery, in The Van...
Wanda, and Terry....made it Home.
I, told them...to have their alternator checked, again...before they take a Long...Haul.
Just...to be safe.
<3 

When I thought...about what Tune, to play...tonight.
I, thought about...
'Smokey and The Bandit'
Jerry Reed, 'Eastbound and...Down'.
<3
and...a Beloved... Pontiac Trans Am.
<3


 My Beloved Driver...
John, built...
<3
Like...Jethro.
<3
He's....Still Here.
<3
They all...are.
'Family'.
Always...will, be.
<3 <3 <3 

Love...to Ya.
Barb C. 

No comments: