Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Winks.


Don't have a lot of time, this February 13th, to...
write about Dad.
Have that 'thing' at Fairfax, Iowa City Hall, tonight.
 Public Hearing, this evening, concerning the 22 foot West Cemetery Road Bridge, that adjoins our land.
oh my.
; )

Yesterday... a Friend stopped by The Rabbit Hole.
She's a Quilt Buyer.
<3
Showed her one... that wished I could've kept.
: )
Had it hanging on an old entryway, in the shop...
but...
when I walked inside The Rabbit Hole, yesterday, 
before my Friend arrived, found The Beauty...
 laying on the floor.
: (

I...picked it up... and carefully draped it over a chair.
: )
It's BEYOND Soulful.
1870's Crazy Quilt.
Worn.... but, 
oh my.
<3

As I was showing the Incredible Crazy Quilt to my Friend...
we were Both... in Awe of the Amazing Handwork.
<3 <3 <3 
then....
noticed something I hadn't noticed before... 
on the Beautiful... Old Quilt.
A
 Heart.
<3
{I've looked that Old Quilt Over... 
Over, and Over....
Was So Mesmerized by It...
but,
Never... 
Noticed That 'Heart', before.}

I.... uh....
began to 'choke'.
: (.....
then...
Burst Into Tears!!!
: (...........
{Hate IT When THAT 'happens'. Damn It!! : ( }
: (

My Friend...Knows, All About 
'The Winks'.
<3
Oh my Lord!!!

My Friend, said....
"Barb... You HAVE To Keep This One!!"
: ) <3

Wish I could...
but, not 'These' days.
Too many 'obligations'.
{Long Battle's.... are costly, on So Many Levels.}

Nobody would Understand That, better than Dad.
<3 <3 <3 
; )

37 years... since Dad went 'Home'....
but,
 Dad's So Close.
: ) : ) : ) 

I think of him... Every Day.
Wow...
What a Man!!
What a 'Dad'!!!
<3

Screenshot some 'Memories'...
cause I don't have time to write, today.
Dad... 
would 
Understand.
<3 
; )




Dad shoveled Coal, from R.R. cars at the Ives-Frana Coal Yard, until he was about 70.
; )
Loaded Coal from the freight cars, onto his old Ford Truck... then delivered it, and unloaded it...
 to those... who were still burning Coal, back then, in Cedar Rapids.
<3
: )

Yeah...
They Don't Make 'em....
like my Dad, Anymore.
<3

I'm Certain, Dad will be With, tonight...
at 
Fairfax City Hall.
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.

No comments: