Saturday, February 10, 2024

Lovely Evening.


The Concert... at The Fairfax Library...
was
Lovely, last night.
<3

The Room was Packed when Allyson, and I arrived.
Didn't get any images, because... the room was very small... and Packed.
: )
No way of being 'inconspicuous', with my phone.
; )

Was Praying... I wouldn't run into anyone from Fairfax, that I knew.
well...
'anyone' from Fairfax, City Hall...
 that put me on edge, with our Long Going Journey.
You have No Idea... how much I hesitated at Allyson's 'Invite'... when she disclosed the location.
Allyson, on the way home... after the Concert, wondered about that, too. 
Allyson Knows The Whole Story, 7 Year Story... {almost 8 years}
well... most of 'It'.
Neither of us spoke of 'It'... until our ride home.
Was Grateful... for Allyson's 'Invite', and... 
couldn't let 'Fairfax'... ruin, another thing.

{Last week...was difficult. oh dear.
So is today... after reading the Agenda, posted yesterday afternoon, for the the February 13, 'Public Hearing'... concerning the 22 foot Bridge replacement, that adjoins our property.
The last 7 years... haven't exactly been a 'Walk in The Park'... with them. ; ) }

When Allyson, and I... walked through the Library doors, the First people I saw, was The Mayor, and Librarian.

We could've... slipped past them, without notice, 
thought about it for a split second... as my mind raced.
but...
that wouldn't have been polite.
; )

Wished The Ladies a...
"Good Evening"
; )
with a 
Bow.

then...
Allyson, and I... 
found our seats.

The Concert, was Incredible.
Husband, and Wife...
Carey Bostian, and Meira Kim, were Over The Top.
<3
{Red Cedar Chamber Music}
Meira Kim... plays a 1735 Nicolo Gagliano Violin.
<3 <3 <3 
Carey Bostian... plays a 1922
Giuseppe Pedrazzini Cello.
<3 <3 <3 

The Sound coming from Them... 
in that tiny little room, in the Fairfax Library, was INSANE!!!
<3

They played Folk Music from across the World.
<3
{Modern, and Vintage}
WOW!!
<3

When they performed...
'The Derry Air'...
{Danny Boy}
I leaned over to Allyson, and said...
"This One... will make me cry."
: (....
It...Did.
<3
They Performed 'Danny Boy', with So Much 
Heart...
and Soul.
<3

Everything they performed, was simply 
Perfect.
<3

As we were leaving...
didn't expect to turn around and see The Mayor.
It was late, I didn't think she'd stick around.
{She's a Busy Gal, with Much... on her Plate.}

The Mayor asked me, if I was planning to attend the upcoming 
'Public Hearing'... Tuesday.
: )

Smiled, as I thought about my response, for a second, then... replied,
"I do... believe I will attend."
; )
 "Yes... you can expect to see me there."
; )

Then I introduced Allyson... to The Mayor, and Librarian.
: )
{Allyson's heard so much about Fairfax, over the years.}
; )

Make no mistake... I think Highly of Mayor Beer.
{and... our Librarian}
Out of All of The Mayor's we've had in Fairfax, since I've lived here...
{40, plus... years}
I Firmly Believe She's The Best.
I, also...
 believe...
should she be called as a witness... down the line,
she'll tell the 
Truth.
; )

Fairfax... is an Interesting Place... to 'live'.
{or... 'Attempt' to.}



Was trying to figure out which jacket to wear, last night...
Decided on the Vintage Tweed, Daughter, Liz... 
gave me, last year.
<3


then...
had to decide which Vintage Fur, to put with it.
{Too chilly to go without a coat, without one.}






Narrowed it down to three.
Decided on the one above.
I'd never worn it, since I found it... at an Estate Sale... but these Vintage Furs can be found at Antique Shops, especially those that carry Vintage Clothing.
There are a few down The Rabbit Hole, and... there's going to be a few more.
Going through the ones I've gathered over the years, and don't wear.
They need to be worn.
: )
Again...
I'd Never Purchase a 'New ' Fur.... Ever.
but...
these Vintage Fur's, are So Warm, and....
I'm Grateful for Them.
<3

Over the last few years... I've visited with many, who have their Grandmother's Vintage Furs, they don't know what to do with them.

"WEAR THEM!!"....
is what I tell them all.
Wear Them.
; )
'Appreciate' Them.
<3

I wear them...with old denim jackets, and over flannel shirts.
They're Beautiful...
and...
Warmer Than Anything on The Planet!!
<3

What's strange about these Furs, they'll keep you Toasty Warm, in the cold...
but, inside, they don't overheat ya.

Seems like such a shame, and wrong, to keep them hidden away.
{in my opinion}


Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.

{Just received a message, from someone affiliated with Fairfax, Iowa... 'City Hall'.
Our conversation... made me think of the Tune, by 'Argent'.
; )
Told him... to,
'Hold Your Head Up'...
; )
and,
Keep Moving Forward.

It's the Best Advise, I could give to him, or anyone. 
It's the Best Advise, my Parents gave me. }
<3 <3 <3

No comments: