Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Early... Mornin'.


Friend, Donita...
{Whispering Pines Ornamental Concrete, Monticello, Iowa}
gave me the above... Tuxedo Rabbit, many years ago...
Donita hand painted the perfect quote, on his serving tray.
<3
Never, ever... in my life has that quote seemed more appropriate.
oh...my.
; )

Was awake...at 3:30 a.m., again...this morning.
Had to sleep near my phone, so I could hear the alarm.
Needed to be up by 5:30, Justin's Home School Teacher was going to visit us, at 8 a.m.
Got everything in order... called Justin, at 7:30... seems, they rescheduled the visit...
for Thursday, instead.
: )

Oh...well.
at least got a lot done, this morning, and can get the rest of the day...
goin', a little earlier.




Daughter...Liz, made the Hatter's Hat... above.
<3
Makes me smile... every time I look at it.
: )



Working in the yard, yesterday... in the Sun, was Lovely...
but, walking over this, all of 'this'...
puts me in a 'mood'.
not... a pleasant one.

It's such a mess.
All... of it.

At the 'Public Hearing'... on the 13th, I gotta tell ya, felt like a Powder Keg, inside.
Was almost afraid to watch the video, from that meeting.
My mind was racing, throughout the 'Hearing'.
I, was beyond... angry.
Far... beyond.
I've seen too much, know... too much, concerning all of 'This'.
Have no confidence left... in our City Officials.
No confidence...left, with IDOT.
Certainly... no Trust.

The new Mayor... is good, as is... our newest Councilman.
I...hope.
: )
The sad part is... I've been fooled so many times, by those I believed could be trusted, it's pretty difficult to believe any of them... anymore.
or... to trust my own judgement, concerning them.
Very... sad.

While watching the video, from the Hearing, I was taken back.
Very.
Donita... said it best, long ago...
"Beyond my Poised Appearance I'm Completely Out of Control"

You'd never know... by watching that video...
what was going on inside my head, and gut.
Makes me wonder... what kind of a 'filter'... it takes, inside, to keep that Powder Keg...
from blowing outward.

Gonna head back to The Rabbit Hole, today... make as many Strides, as I can.
Can only take 'this'... All... of 'This', in small doses.
even...
then,
by the end of the day...
I'm on a slow burn.

Difficult to create... when you're on a slow burn.
oh my. 

There are heartbreaking things, situations... in life... that 'happen'.
They... are difficult to process, indeed...
but...
It's those planned, calculated, and deliberate 'actions'...
I struggle with, so.

Better get Crackin'.

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.

{Stickin' with Gentle Jazz... again, today... I do believe.
Love... Love...
Norah Jones.}
; )

No comments: