Sunday, February 4, 2024

Hearts...


Was glancing around the house...
yesterday.
<3
Hearts...
oh, my.
<3

The Wonderful....
Old, Old...
Bottle Cap Heart Mirror, 
was given to me...
by Pal, 
Gail.
<3 <3 <3 
She's The Best.
<3
Gail... has been Such an Incredible Blessing, in my Life.
I, Admire Her So.
more... than that,
I Trust Her.
<3

The Big Velvet Heart... was a Find, from Friend, Tammy's Show...
in The Quad Cities, several years ago.
<3
Tammy has a Great Store, {The Cottage} in Coal Valley, Illinois.
<3
She Is a Sweetheart.
<3




Friend, Cheryl...
invited me to Brunch, this morning, at Edith Lucielle's, in Cedar Rapids.
{LOVE That Place!!}
<3

We had a Lovely Meal, and shared some Great Conversation.
: )

then...
Met with some Folks, concerning a 
Living Estate Sale.
; )
It's a FULL House, with a HUGE Garage...
Loaded with Woodworking Tools!!!
Oh...My!!
: )
They've lived in that home... for over 60 years.
The Daughter in Law...
kept saying...
"They... just Never threw Anything Away!!"
: ) : ) : )
Had to remind her... Folks from That Generation... rarely did.
They lived through many Hard Times, and Saved... what they thought might me Useful.
; )
They Definitely... Weren't 'Throw Away Society'... People.
<3

then...
when I got home...
returned a call... from Lawyer Meardon.
{That Man Works 24/7... I Swear!!}
{You'd Think He's a 'Junker'... Like Us!! }
: )
He called yesterday, after my long 'Visit'...
with The Mayor.
sadly...
I'd already had One Too Many Glasses of Wine, to be able to take his 
Direct, and Pointed... Questions.
{Dealing with 'This'... All of 'This', would Drive Anyone to Drinkin'.}
trust me.
; )

There's going to be a Public Hearing, at Fairfax City Hall...
on February 13th.
{Not... a Good Day. That's the anniversary of Dad's death.}
The Public Hearing, is concerning the little bridge, and the Taking of more of our land, for It...and a Bike Trail.
{Death... by a Thousand Cuts}

The Mayor... tried to tell me, how she... and a former Friend, who is on The Council... have been really trying to help me.

the problem...
as I believe... I conveyed to her, 
THE DAMAGE IS DONE.

What they are proposing now, will make things worse, but....
The 'Damage'... is Done.
: (
Where were They...
 'Fairfax'... and IDOT, 
when I was Begging Them All...
to
'wake up'?
: (
The Mayor... remembers the 52 page report, I handed her, 
{She was a Councilwoman, back then.}
and Every Council Member, and...
the former Mayor, concerning 'Safety', and The University of Northern Iowa's Safety Studies...
concerning Highway 151, in The Urban Areas of Fairfax.
I was more Worried about Safety... and a Trail... next to this Mess... of a Highway, than anything else, back then.
of course...
I HAD NO IDEA, at that Time...
what a Flooding Pit, we would ultimately become, because of Fairfax's Trail.
: ( : ( : (

The Mayor, told me yesterday... "Fairfax has No Plan... on ever paving the area next to 151 for a Trail"... that IDOT Condemned our land for, graded, encroached... and built UP for, making Us... a Flooding Pit.
{It was on Fairfax's 'Wish List'... to IDOT, in 2012... but, now... it seems, Fairfax, and IDOT... are Playin'
'Hot Potato'... with Their Trail.
Neither... want to admit...
'It'
Belongs
To
Them.}
: (

Millions of Dollars...
later.
: (
the 
'Life'...
I, uh...
Once had, 
seems,
nobody...
wants to
'Claim', now.
: (

yeah,
It's....
Too...
Late.

Too...
Late.
: ( : ( : (

The Snowmobile's... and ATV's, are having NO Problem... 
figuring out, Exactly where The Fairfax/IDOT 
Bike/Pedestrian/Sidewalk/ATV/Snowmobile
'Trail'....
Is.
{IDOT, and Fairfax... like to keep 're-branding' their 'Trails.}
oh my.
; )
bless their hearts.

: (

I make NO Apologies, for sippin' a little, or A Lot...
too much Wine, These 'Years'.
: )

Love to Ya....
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: