Monday, February 12, 2024

What a Ride.



When the memory below... popped up today, 
made me Smile.
<3
Some Things Never Change!!
: )
{captured the above image... this morning.}

My FAVORITE Coffee Cup...
: )
Oh My!!
Coffee Truly Does Taste Better...
out of Your Favorite Cup!!
; )

This Big Ironstone Cup...
dates from the early part of the last century.
Fell in Love with it at First Sight...
at an Estate Sale, 20 years ago...or so.
<3




Several years ago... I couldn't find it.
Have a Bad Habit of taking coffee outside with me... when I work.
then...
sit my cup down...
and lose track of where I left it.
It was a Happy Day.... down The Rabbit Hole, a while back...
when I found it, amongst other old dishes, in the front Greenhouse.
<3
{Right Where I Left It!! : ) Probably walked past it a Thousand Times!!}

Have many Vintage Cups... that I used while my 'Favorite'... was Lost,
but...
Coffee... just didn't taste the same.
; )


Fired Old Jethro up, yesterday... for the first time, in a long time, when I went to meet 
Pals, Steph...and Patti, {above} to watch the Iowa Women play Basketball.
{Sad...they lost. But what a Great Game!! <3}

Wasn't sure... Jethro would start. His battery is getting some age on it, and he's been sitting for quite a while.
Told Patti, as we were leaving The Angle Inn... 
about my 'wonder'...if he'd Fire Up...
then said...
I felt like Jethro said, as I turned his key...
"Come On...Mama... Let's ROLL!!!"
<3 <3 <3 
Patti said, "That's Exactly What I was Thinkin'... as you were telling me about it!!"
: )
<3

Patti said... "I think I'm gonna Steal Jethro!!"
Told her if she can drive a 'Stick'... and deal with his Touchy Clutch...
Go Ahead!!!
Hahahahahaha!!!
{Patti decided to stick with her Subaru. : ) <3 }

Jethro... is a Trick to drive, until you get used to him. : )
John even struggled with him.
He didn't drive him often enough to get used to Jethro's 'Ways'.
: )
Most who try to 'Steal' him.... {Move him}... 
Kill Him.... several times, before they can get the job done.
: )
{Daughter, Liz... was Good, with Jethro. 
<3
Maybe... Jethro's just a 'Ladies Man'. : ) }

He's got a Touchy Clutch, and his gear pattern is very, Close...and
 Tight.
: )

It was GREAT.... taking Jethro for a Spin, yesterday.
After driving Sally, and The Ford....
I'd forgotten how much I Missed Jethro's Power, and his Throaty Growl!!
: )
<3
What a RIDE!!
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.
{Jethro... Needs a Hot Bubble Bath!!! Kinda like the Driver, this mornin'!! : ) }

No comments: