Sunday, September 5, 2021

With a soft spot...for Lunacy.



Up Early...this mornin'.
; )

Walked through the house...with coffee in hand.

The Sun...was just...peeking through the windows, exposing...the dust, and cobwebs.
<3
: )

It Is... what It Is....
Baby.
; )
Soulful.
<3

When my eyes fell...upon...the 'Memories'...
The 'Old Souls'...
had to smile.
; )

Nothing...finds it's way into our Home...that doesn't have Pleasant Memories, and Soulfulness.
Nothing.
<3


Those...who seek 'Perfection'...
would be sorely disappointed, in our Home.

Those...seeking refuge, comfort...
'Soul'....
understand...and appreciate how it 
gently... 
warmly...
embraces.

<3

It's been a long time, since I've 'Looked Up'....from the 'wrongfulness'.
It's been all...consuming.

 This Morning...took a few minutes, and...
Soaked The Soulfulness In.

Felt...So Good.
<3

Spent very little time, outside...working, yesterday.
Felt...it was Victory...just stepping out the door.
Whipped a few weeds, and spoiled Scout, a bit.
That...was enough.




Sold the above Victorian Wedding Memorial...to Pal, Allyson, a few years back.
Loved It.
<3
Didn't want to sell it. Always...obligations.
; )
Allyson, gave it to me for Christmas, the following year.
She said... "I know you never sell 'Gifts'. You have to Keep it, now."
Priceless.
Priceless.
<3
{Makes me cry every time I think of it. 
How Blessed I Am, with Her Friendship. <3
So Many Others...oh my, as Well.
They're EVERYWHERE..in our Home. <3 }
Powerful...
Powerful.
<3


'Love One Another'
Found this late 1800's Needlework...piece... Years Ago.
<3 <3 <3 


Found the Amazing...Victorian Beaded piece, in Santa Fe, while visiting Pal, Jan...with Allyson, a few years back.
<3 <3 <3 


The 'Holey Cow'.
Didn't want to sell her, either....but, did...several years ago, at Gold Rush, one May.
A regular Customer...came up to me, with her...in his hands.
I was Overjoyed...that he appreciated the 'Survivor', too.
<3
She's been shot...so many, many...times, yet...she's intact.
Amazing!!!
Then, he said... "Oh...I don't want the Cow, she's goin' in the trash.
I just want the arrow...she's on, for a 'Good' Cow, I have at home."
My heart...sank.
: (
I...wanted to cry.
: (
I...begged him to reconsider.
He smiled...rolled his eyes,
and...walked away.
: (

Then....when we went back, to Gold Rush, that following August, the Man...came walking up to me...
with a paper sack, in his hands.
Inside...
was The Holey Cow.
<3 <3 <3 
I offered to pay him, for her...He wouldn't consider it.
Priceless.
Priceless.
<3 <3 <3 

{Pal, Wanda...gave me the Old...Horse Harness Heart. <3 : ) 
The Seed Embellished...Frame, came from Pal... Mark. : ) <3}



This is our downstairs bathroom.
The Christ Statue, was found at Concrete Statuary Business, as I was heading to a show.
He's very Old...from Italy.
The Concrete place, was using what was left of Him...to make a mold, to create a 'Good One', for a client.
I asked them, if they'd sell the broken fragment to me.
They said...I could have him.
<3
I...couldn't fit Him...safely...
on the already Loaded Ford, along with a Saint, I'd also bought, from them.
Told them I'd be back the following Monday.

I'd just finished the long weekend, at a show, so...called the concrete place, Monday morning...asked if I could come on Tuesday, instead... to pick up Christ, and The Saint.
{I was Whipped.}
The man said... "Yeah, you can pick up The Saint...but, my brother threw Jesus, in the Pit...with our junk concrete."

Oh My LORD!!!
I...yelled...through the phone!!!!
"Can We Get Jesus OUT OF THE PIT?????!!!!"
: ( : ( : (......

He thought we probably could.
: )

I RAN to The Ford...after I hung up the phone.
{not sure...the phone made it to the cradle!! Holy Smokes!!!}

An hour drive...took me, and The Ford...about half that, to get to Jesus...
and
Get Him OUT of The Pit!!!
; )
The Angel's...were Carrying Us.
: )
<3


Jesus...was one of the First Piece's....John, and I carried inside the new addition...
over 20 years ago, now.
Can't imagine...our Home, without Him.
<3 <3 <3 
John...never got the bathroom completed...
totally...
'finished'.
somehow...
to me...
It Is.
<3
Just...as he left it.
 Priceless.
<3 <3 <3 



Love the line in the Alison Krauss Tune, 'Lay My Burden Down'...above.

"Well... life is hard...but that's ok.
If you can make it through the day,
It's not...that far. 
no....
 it's not that far."

<3 <3 <3 


Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.






 

No comments: