Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Buttons.


Labor Day...
oh...my.

A Dear Customer...offered to come help me cut brush, yesterday.
Dave, and his Lovely...Wife, used to enjoy coming to The Rabbit Hole.
They...also....LOVE to Spoil Scout.
; )
They bring him apples, several times a week.

They are Huge Critter Lovers...like us.
<3

Dave, also works on all sorts of equipment, so....
he got my Weed Whip...figured out.
YAY!!!

We Hauled Fanny!
The Poison Ivy...had taken hold, by the Rabbit Hole, while being shut down...last year, and this.
oh dear.

Dave...pulled most of it out.
We don't use chemicals here, of any kind.
So...it's always a challenge keeping weeds at bay.
I offered to pay Dave, for his Hard Work, he wouldn't consider it...
said...he, and his Wife...just want me to get Open....so they can shop.
<3
Told him...they'll be getting some Very Good Deals.
; )

When Dave left...we were both...pretty Done, for the day.
Pal, Dale...pulled up, as Dave was leaving.
Dale wanted to see the Gnarly....Old Door, I'd just brought in.

Dale and I....walked next to 151, I showed him the Mess.
He couldn't Believe how District 6 has Left This.
Our Crappy Drive...too.
: (

Then, asked if I'd wanted to grab a bite to eat with him.
We headed to a little Tavern, in Walford...just a couple miles away, that has Good Food.
Angle Inn.
; )


10.00 Nachos.
; )
Above is a Full Order.
Nobody...orders a Full Order, many told me...as I ordered.
; )
I do.
; )
Peanut...LOVES Them.
<3
I pick off the jalapenos, she likes everything else.
Treats...for The Good Pup!



When Dale, and I walked into The Angle, someone told Dale...to get my attention.
It was Pal...Jodi, and her Husband, John.
<3
LOVE Them!!
Jodi said...they'd driven by our place...and couldn't see it.
Couldn't even see the '49 Ford.
: (

The bridge elevation, for Fairfax's Trail...has taken our visibility away....along with our drainage.

Said she couldn't Believe...what a Mess They've Made here.
: (

It was Wonderful visiting with Jodi.
She, is so Funny, Lord...she makes me Laugh!!
She's a Warrior, been through Hell...these last several years.

Dale, and I sat at the Bar, waiting for our Supper.
A man...came up to me, and put his hand...on my Fairfax Bag, {my purse}.
: (
He asked if I lived in Fairfax, told him I do...then asked if I knew a certain individual.

Yes...I know...That Individual.
; )
He's quite a Character...
We've known him for decades.

Last major Blow Up...happened to be with...That Character.
Dale was present, for that...as well.
When I went after The Character, many years ago... Dale...jumped in his van, and locked the doors.
Lord...The Character...had Pushed my Buttons, a little too hard, it's a good thing he can run faster, than me.

The man...from the bar, started making some pretty ugly comments, about The Character.
{The Character, at times...has pushed many buttons, around here.}

But...when the man, told me about His...dealings, with The Character, he called him a liar.
: (

When I heard his 'story'...I had to back up...The Character.
He wasn't lying to the man, about that situation.
I, know that.


{Pal, Jodi...posted the above, a few days ago.
; )
Ron White...my Favorite Comedian.
Seemed Perfect...for what was going through my mind...last night.}

I'd had two...Iced Teas, by the time the man at the bar started drilling me, 
'Long Island'....Iced Teas, that is.
{Dale was driving...he doesn't drink...at all.}

Probably...should've just let it go...about The Character, but...
Right is Right, Wrong....is Wrong.
oh dear.
Dale assured the man, that I wasn't defending The Character...because he's my Pal.

Jodi, had already left...that, was a good thing.
Things most likely would've gotten out of hand.
oh dear.

It turned into quite a Match.
Dale... started getting nervous, knew...things were about to cross the line.
He's seen it...before.

Glad he was there.


The Character...may be a Pistol....but, this incident...
wasn't his fault, entirely.
I know that.

Spoke with The Character, this morning...about what had transpired, last night.
Told him...he should try to make things right...with the man.
I see both sides.
There's common ground to be found, I think.

The man, and The Character...have quite a bit in common, tho...they'd never admit it.
Especially...when it comes to pushing buttons.
; )
oh dear.

Back to Yard Work.

Love to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.


























 

No comments: