Monday, September 28, 2026

Home.


So... Incredibly True. 

Fall... Vintage Market Days of Cedar Rapids, is History. 
It was a Wonderful Event. 
Sold far more than I'd expected. 
The Beautiful Garden Arch's, were a surprise. 
I needed them to set walls. This isn't the time of year, in Iowa, that 'Garden' is sought. 
Some, like .. myself, seek 'Garden' Year Round. 
Especially those, who are Yard Birds. 
Sold all of them, that were for sale. 
I, need the last two, to help rebuild the Rabbit Hole. 
{Thanks... Iowa Department of Transportation, and Fairfax, Iowa... City Hall. 
{bless their hearts}
It's kinda funny... at nearly every Event, some Dear... Blog/FB Friend, comments... how they could Never 'bless' any of the above... 'hearts', after what They've wrongfully 'done'... here. 
Then, I 'explain' it to them. 
It's a Southern.... thing, that has more than one meaning. We all feel better, after I ... 'clarify'. }

Below, is a grouping of Vintage Tea Pots, that a Sweet Fellow Vendor, helped me add to, yesterday. 
When she noticed mine, she asked if I'd like a few more. 
Indeed. 
One can never have too many Vintage Tea Pots, down a Rabbit Hole. 
Hahahahaha!! 
Love Them. 



Love.

The Simply Iowa Booth, was pretty slim at opening, Sunday morning. 
I'd wanted to restock, like Everyone does, at Vintage Market Days, but ... between my eye, and pulling a muscle in my calf, while resetting, Saturday, decided to Save Myself!! 
Hahahahaha!! 


The above, little Girl, was Precious. 
She tried out Bill's Cool Wicker Chair, and ... one of mine, that's beyond Sweet. 
She liked Bill's Best!! 
Priceless. 

Can't Wait to see this Family's Whimsical Garden, they are working on. 
They shared a few images with me. 
Holy Smokes!!! 
They live close, to where Pal, Allyson lives. 
We'll be coming to Check It Out!! 
Wowza!! 

At the closing of the Event, there wasn't much left to pack. 
Grandson, Justin... and Helper, Brandon... were Very Happy!! 
We were packed, loaded... then, unload... at Home, by 5. 
That's Incredible. 
Grateful. 

Grateful to Vintage Market Days Promoter, Becky... and her Crew, for making this Event what it is. 
This doesn't just 'Happen'. It's an Incredible Amount of Work, and Investment. 
Becky, and her Crew.... took care of us All. Vendors, and Customers. 

Miccia Humphrey, and her Crew, at Junk Jubilee, in Des Moines, are also The Best of The Best.
Sure Miss being there, with them. 
'Family'.

Kae, and Richard Townsend, 'Gold Rush', Rochester, Minnesota. Oh my. 
I've never known ANY Promoter, who works harder than Kae, and Dick. 
They've been running down the road Hard, to Promote... long before 'Social Media' could reach millions with a few strokes on a keypad. 
WOW. 

Elizabeth Kramer, Heart of Country, in Nashville. 
Libby... was one of the Very Best Promoters I've ever known. 
I remember calling her, asking for business advice, way back. 
I always trusted her Savvy. Always. 

I remember reading her contact, for Heart of Country, that she sent to all of her Vendors, and Rolling, after I read it. 
Hahahahaha!!! 
Libby said, 
{Libby was a CLASSY Business Woman, Very Wise. I Loved, and Admired Her... So!!}

"Remember... Dealers, Bears make Money...
Bulls ... make Money. 
PIGS... Don't."

Hahahahaha!!!
In other words, 'Sharpen Your Pencils'!! 
Get Over Yourselves!! 
Love It... So TRUE!! 

Went to see my eye Doc, today. 
She said, we're Quite a Pair!!
Her, with her horribly crushed wrist, that's in a big, fat cast... and me, blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other, with my old glasses!!
Hahahahaha!

Dr. Fitzgerald seems to think this eye is healing. I've been struggling with it, big time ... oh Lord. 
One day, it seems better, the next... back to feeling like it has crushed glass, inside it.
{ 'today' is a crushed glass, very teary... day.}
Asked her if she thought I'd get my vision back. 
She said, 'that's what we're shooting for.'
Uh huh. 
hahahahaha!! 
Not Exactly what I wanted to hear. 
Hahahahaha!!
Oh my. 
Time. 
Time. 
Time.
GADS!!! 

It Is... What It Is. 
One day... at a time. 

Thanks again, to Everyone who Contributed to The Vintage Market Days 'Simply Iowa' Booth. 
Grateful. 
It Truly... Takes a Village. 

Love to Ya....
Prayers for All.

Barb C. 


With Everything... in this old world, that's happening...
I sure feel Blessed, at the end of the day, I'm 
'Home'. 
'Home' is a Big Deal, no matter... where it may be. 

No comments: