Friday, September 4, 2026

It's All... about 'The Journey'.

Here's The Story.
: )

So.... 'J' and I worked pretty hard, on Wednesday.
I... uh, even perspired... much more than an Old Taurus wishes to.
{it was 93, with a heat index of around 104.}
Sweat got in my eyes...
{Hate That!! {probably a little dirt, too... from all of The Mountain's we were movin'!!}

When I came in, Wednesday Eve, gave Niece, Kari... a call.
She sent me somethin' Funny.
; )
Had... to catch up with her.
{It's been Too Long.}
<3

It was late, when I finally hit the hay.
About 3:30 Thursday Morn,  woke up with my left eye giving me fits.
Got up... took the contact out, and went back to bed.

When I woke up, ready to take on The Sale Day... my left eye, wasn't 'ready'.
So...
skipped my contact, and hurried out the door, to The Rabbit Hole, where some Sweet Folk's were waiting.
: )

Things went from bad... to worse, concerning my eye.
Felt like I had crushed glass... in it.
It was watering... like a Fountain.
: (

Couldn't leave... Folk's were coming, and the Sale was advertised.

I finally, broke down... called Dr. Fitzgerald.
She's an AMAZING Optometrist.
<3
In my opinion... from her taking Care of Us All, she's better than any Ophthalmologist, my Mom was treated by.
; )

Got an appointment for 2:45, yesterday afternoon.
Reached out to Pal, Dale... to see if he could 'Babysit' The Rabbit Hole, while I ran to that appointment.
Dale, didn't answer...
but, in a few minutes, who comes walkin' up.
; )

Dale.
: )

Dale said he'd be Happy... to hang out, while I was away.
YAY!!
{Bless His Heart!!}

That... was about noon-ish.

Things kept getting worse, and worse.
: (

Decided to go to see The Doc, a little early.
Figured I'd wait in the office, hopefully they could squeeze me in.
: )

Dale asked me, if I was ok to drive....
an hour before that, I would've said yes.

The problem was....
don't know if it was the heat, or... the pain,
I was so nauseous.

I can Drive... through Most Anything, and have, but...
being 
that nauseous, with 'One' Eye....
well...
; )
Hahahahahaha!!
That would've been Quite an Experience, with Old...
'Jethro.
: )

We Both... Bugged Out of The Rabbit Hole!!!
{My Sincere Apologies to Those we Deserted, for an hour, or so.}
<3

Gratefully, Dr. Fitzgerald got me in... right away.
<3
When she looked at my eye, she 'Thanked' me... for not waiting any longer.
<3

The Doc said... I'd pretty much performed LASIK Surgery on my eye, when I removed the contact.
She said... a Surgeon couldn't have made the cut across my cornea any straighter.
{me, and my right thumbnail... may have missed our 'Calling'. : ) }
Hahahahahaha!!!!

The Doc set me up with High Powered Drops, and Ointments, and demanded I come see her this morning.
: )

That, I did.
Pal, Dale... Again... 'Babysat'.
; )

I felt good enough to drive, figured I'd be right back.

Oooops.

The Doc, said... "Part of your eye is healing... the other part, looks mighty 'Angry'."
She called The University of Iowa Hospital, made arrangements for me to be seen there, in their Ophthalmology Department.
Right Away.
{Bless Her Heart <3}
{you have no idea how much I hate to navigate The 'U'. 
Grateful... it's here, sure don't like being any part of it.}

Called Dale, asked him to Pull the 'Open' sign.
: (

Dale asked me, if I needed him to drive.
: )
Assured Dale, he'd Done Far Enough, for me.
: )
I'd be Fine!!
; )
With the meds, The Doc had prescribed, yesterday...
I... wasn't feeling quite so sick, and... instead of glass in my eye, it felt more like gravel.
; )
That... I can deal with.
; )

Below.... is the 'Casey's' bag... I've carried with, since yesterday Morn.
: )
Needed something Big Enough... to Carry Everything I Needed in a Hurry!!
: )


The Doc... got a kick out of it.
: )
{She... appreciates my 'humor'. : ) }

They didn't Blink and Eye, {no pun intended} at The 'U'.
The, 'U'... I Do Believe... has Seen Most EVERYTHING!!
; )


Oh my.
: )


The Doc's at The 'U'... were very nice.
: )
{very concerned...}

They mixed a couple of High Powered Potion's for me.
{drops}
; )

They directed me to put one drop in my eye, every 30 minutes...
24 hours a day until I 'see' them, next Tuesday.
: )

That'll be a trick.
: )
{they have to be refrigerated... as well.
 ; )
can't just keep them 'beside' me.}

Sound's like a 'Dance Marathon'...to me.
; )
Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Told 'em... I'll do my best.
: )

For the record, when I say... 
'I'd rather 'Stick Needles in my Eyes'... than deal with Fairfax, Iowa, City Hall, 
and 
The Iowa Department of Transportation,
you can Trust me... on that, after today.
Take'er to The Bank.
; )
I've done both, now, in Spades.
: )
The last couple of days have been a Walk in The Park... compared to
'dealing'
with 
them all, over the years.
: )
{That's why I Sing Lawyer Meardon's Praise's... so Loud.}
; )
{The Book... is coming.}
: )



; )

It's All...
about
'The Journey'.

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.

What a Ride!!
; )

More to this 'Story'... comin'.
; )
Hahahahahahaha!!

oh...
my.


<3

No comments: