Friday, September 18, 2026

Eat the Cake.

It's a Rainy, Rainy... Morn, in Eastern Iowa.
Love.... It. 
Listening to the gentle thunder, and hearing the rain on the tin roof, well.... 
That's my kind of morning. 

Grateful the Contractor's made such strides last week concerning the IDOT'S wrongful Fairfax Bike Trail Accommodations, and Flooding issues.
Not out of the woods by any means, yet... but I'd be losing my mind concerning the South end, about now, if some of the repairs weren't done. 
Gads. 
Thanks, again... to Lawyer Meardon for Riding this Crazy Train. 


Slept in my bed for the first time in forever, it seems, last night. 

I'm a HUGE Fan of Vintage Sheets, and Pillowcases. 
HUGE. 

Love how Crisp they feel. 
Oh my gosh. 
I've picked up Beautiful hand embroidered pillowcases, and sheets for decades. 
Most are probably from the 1940's to 1960's.
Most, are like New. 
Why... are they still like 'New'???
Because they were made, and put away for 'Best'.
That's so sad, in my opinion.
If I've learned anything in life, it's this.

Eat the Cake.
Drive the 'Dream Car'.
and...
Sleep under Those Beautiful Sheets. 
Life... is Short. 
'You' are 'Best'.

Before I slid into bed last night, took a bubble bath, in candlelight. 
Hadn't washed my hair, in how long. 
Was worried about getting soap, or anything in that eye. Gads. 

My hair feels much happier today. My eye, not so much. 
Dang It!! 
{ patience... patience. oh dear }
I'll visit with Dr. Fitzgerald, this afternoon. Hopefully she'll still see improvement. 
GADS!!!

Heading South, with Pal, Allyson, tomorrow. 
We're going to pick up some things for the Vintage Market Days, event. 
I... have a few ideas, at least for 'The Bones'. 
Usually, once I figure them out, everything else falls into place. 

Neighbor, Paul... hasn't figured out my laptop, yet.
I... may have figured out how to post my 'tune for the day' with my android. 
{Pal, Bill would tell Ya, that would be a Miracle, 
for me.}
Hahahahaha!!
It's my Favorite... Bubble Bath tune. 
Ya can't get better than Roberta Flack, and a Hot Bubble Bath, after a Stressful Day!! 
Trust Me!!



Love to Ya....
Prayers for All.

Barb C.
{hopefully it'll play. if not... I tried.}

No comments: