Monday, May 1, 2023

Somethin' About a Horse. Ya Learn Something New... Every Day!!


Justin 'J'...and me, had a Great Day...
at The Horse Sale.
; )
Ate a Big Mennonite prepared Lunch, shared a piece of homemade Coconut Cream Pie, oh...my....
before the Horse's began to sell.
; )
We'd walked through all of the pens of Horses, Ponies, Mules...and Burros...
 before we grabbed a bite to eat.
There were two Horses that caught my eye.
Both... were Black.
One, was a Morgan Horse. He stood about 16 hands.
Very friendly. <3
He tried to eat the button off of my old denim jacket. ; )


Great disposition.
<3



The most difficult thing for me... at these Horse Sales, well... I can't save them all.
Want to bring them ALL Home.



Saw a bit of a Rodeo...with one of the first Horses to come through.
; )
She was a very gentle Mare.
but... putting a Horse in Such a Place.
Crowd's of People.
and Auctioneer BLASTING through Speakers....
Strange Surroundings, a Hundred Other Horses....
oh my.
The Horse you see in the Ring, isn't the same Horse he, or she...will be, once they are in a safe environment, at least...that's always been my experience.

The rider wasn't hurt.
He hit the ground, hard...but, climbed back in the saddle, and the Mare... walked out, just fine, after her little 'moment' : )
{We All... have Those 'Moments'.... now... and then. ; ) }
<3

The Morgan Horse we visited with, earlier... was lead in, shortly after the Mare.


Learned many things, yesterday...
One... was Horses, and Ponies...are selling for nearly 10 Times, what they were selling for, the last time I was at this Sale Barn.
Most of them.
Ponies were bringing close to a Thousand, or more...
The Morgan brought close to 4,000., I believe.
If Scout would've sold yesterday, at Auction... as a 6 year old, like when I bought him...
he'd have brought at least 5,000.
Wow.
I think...I paid, 5...or 6 hundred for Scout, 21 years ago.
{Priceless. Told Justin ' J', many times... yesterday, how glad I was that Scout never had to see a 'Sale Barn', after he came to live with us. <3 Admiral... Never saw a Sale Barn. <3}

Told Son, Justin... yesterday morning... Spring is The Worst Time to buy a Horse.
Best Time to Sell... tho.
; )

The other Horse, I'd noticed... 'caught my eye', was a Tall... Black Horse.
17 Hands, or so.
I... couldn't quite figure him out.
He looked like a Thoroughbred, {Admiral} but... had a much heavier bone structure.
He stood quiet, in his stall, was alert, but... not nervous, like so many can be, when put in such a predicament, so Much Activity... around.
He was a Stallion, to boot... which, for a Stallion... to stand so calmly, in such a place, is a Big Deal.
Impressive.
{Admiral was like that. You'd never know he was a Stallion, either. He was Always a Gentleman... I could take him anywhere. He never acted 'Studly' on Trail Rides, or Shows.}
You could tell... The Big Black Stallion...
 had a lot of common sense.
; )

We didn't take his number down.
Couldn't find his owner, so... didn't know any kind of a 'Story', about him.

As we were watching Horse, after Horse... come through, then...all of a sudden, in the Ring came a Big, Black... Horse, being driven in, by an Amishman.
HOLY SMOKES!!
FLASHY!!
That Horse... had his Head Held High... Picked Up his Feet... like he was in a Show Arena!!
<3 <3 <3 
Proud and Confident!!
<3

The Auctioneer was trying for 4 thousand, 3...thousand... then, 2 Thousand....
then...
5 Hundred!!
???
I Sprung to My Feet... Grabbed Hold of The Ring's Fence, and Yelled...
"YEAH!!!!"
 With my hand in the air!!!
Hahahaha!!!
{Little Justin, told his Dad, last night... when we got back to his House, 
"I've Never Seen Her Move So FAST!!!"
Hahahahaha!!
{Justin's never seen me at an Auction!!
 ; ) 
I DON'T Let The Auctioneer Miss My Bid, Ever.}
; )


Holy Smokes!!
<3


WOW!!
: )
It was The Stallion!!!
<3
The Ring Man, walked up to me as I was bidding, and said... 
"He's a 'Stud'....you know."
Told him I knew, and bid again.
Got The Stallion bought, for 950.00
; )
but...
I didn't.
The Amishman said 'No Sale.'
He wanted 2500.00

I couldn't step that high, with Justin's money.
Without knowing more of The Stallion's 'History'.

Justin 'J', and I...walked back to the pens, and found The Amishman.
He'd just finished unharnessing The Stallion.

I asked The Amishman... "What 'Breed' is This Horse??"
I, just couldn't figure him out.
; )
He looked like a Thoroughbred, moved out like a Saddlebred, but... had a much heavier bone structure.
I...was Confused!!
: )
His reply...
" He's a Dutch Warmblood"

???

I'd Never Heard... of Such a Breed.
Seems that 'Breed' came to be... in the mid 20th Century.
Cross between Gentle Giants, 'Draft' Breeds, and Hot Blooded Breeds, like 
'Thoroughbreds'.
<3 <3 <3 
Of Course!!!
Perfection!!!
<3


He's 17 hands Tall.
{5'8 at the withers}
13 years old.
He's broke to Drive... but not to ride.
He's Sired many colts on the Amishman's Farm, since 2014.

Took The Amishman's information.
Talked with Justin... about him, last night.
I...wouldn't be afraid to break him to ride.
He's been driven, so is bridlewise.
He's been handled a lot.
Been exposed to a lot.
He's smart, well mannered and gentle.
Big Deal, for a Stallion.
; )

He'd have to become a Gelding, tho... at Justin's.
Too many neighboring Horses.
That's why he didn't bring more money... at the Auction.
: (
People don't understand...
not All 'Stallion's' are the same.
This One... is Very Special, just like another...
I knew, and Loved.
; )

What an Amazing Breed!!
The Best of Both Worlds!!

This Guy... will need some Groceries.
He's a little thin.
If we don't bring him Home... sure Hope... he finds a Great One.
He Deserves It!!
Beauty!!

Had Folk's call on the way Home, from The Auction.
Texas Folks!!
; )
They wanted to pop in The Rabbit Hole.
: )
It was a Long... Day.
oh... my!

Heading to VOTE!!
this morning.
; )
Fairfax, Iowa has a Special Election... Today!!
We Need a NEW MAYOR!!
; )

Love to Ya.
Prayers... for All.

Barb C.

{ Fairfarren.... Gordon, and Harry. }
<3 <3

Voted.
😉
So Much... Riding on This.
🙏
'Transparency'...
is Everything.
along... with 
Trust.

Lessons...
a Horse could teach humans in a moment.

If... it wasn't for 'Fairfax's' interesting 'City Hall'...
these days...
That... Black Stallion, would've shared Admiral's, and Scout's Pasture, today.
I would've Brought Him HOME... in a minute.
<3
The Fairfax, we live in now... won't allow me to have another Horse, here, after Scout passed away.
{Horse's have lived on this property... for the last 4 decades, I've lived here, and...long, long...before.}
After I fought against the Highway/Fairfax...151 'Bike Trail'... things got Ugly.
Very.
I...Pray, things will change, with this election.
Yes... 
Horse's have been a Huge Part of this property, for decades. 
😉
Long before State Highway 149, turned into...Federal Highway 151. 

Seems to me, those 'Federal Dollars'... have made a bit of a 'difference', to Fairfax.
'In'...
Fairfax.

: (

What 'Fairfax'... seems to forget, State Money, Federal... Money, is... 'Our' money.

Fairfax, City Hall... in my opinion, 
should be reminded of that.
; )


No comments: