Monday, May 15, 2023

Gold Rush... History. Memorial Day Weekend Sale... On Deck!!


Big John.
; )
Shared some of the Pineapple Wine, with him... at Gold Rush.
; )

John... wasn't impressed.
Hahahahahaha!!!

Big John... is a Huge John Deere Collector!
He never misses Gold Rush!
; )
Many years ago... John fell off of a roof, he was repairing.
John said... "When I hit the ground, I knew... nothing would ever be the same."
But... what a Positive Attitude, John has.
He's always Uplifting.
Always.
John calls me, every now and then, to check up on me, just to hear how things are going.
; )
He was really shook up, last year... in May, when I opted out of Gold Rush.
I feel the same way, when our Regular, Long Time... Customers don't come through.
Wonder... if They are o.k.
<3

Shared some with Pal, Colleen...
She Liked It!
: )

So did I... but, it hit me like a Ton... of Bricks!
{I've dialed back... on the Wine, so... it hit me like a Freight Train!!
Thankfully, it was late in the day, on Saturday, when I popped the cork.}
; )


Rita.
<3

Rita has stopped by the booth, and visited... for years, and years.
<3
Rita's Daughter, Ramona, was born with severe birth defects... she required 24 hour care her entire life.
Rita would come visit Gold Rush... every year, as a Treat... to herself.
<3
I so admire Rita.
She is such a Wonderful Person, who was such an Amazing Advocate 'Warrior' for Ramona.
<3
Sadly, in 2017... at the age of 31, Ramona passed away.
Listening to all of their struggles, over the years... I know, without Rita, Ramona... wouldn't have lived such a Loved life, for so many years.
<3
What a Beautiful Human.
<3

Went outside... early this morning...
did a little yard work, and cut some Lilacs, for the House.
<3


Picked some Lily of The Valley, too.
<3
Put them in the Old... Reed and Barton Goblet, we were passing around at Gold Rush, with the Pineapple Wine.
: )
Great Memories.
<3
Found an old, old... piece of handmade lace, half buried in the dirt, with the Lily of The Valley, by The Rabbit Hole.
<3
Tied it around the Goblet.
: )
Put them on the Memorial in the House...
<3

Gold Rush.
oh my.
: )

Thursday evening, late... I was going to make a run, to visit a Friend, in Wisconsin.
Possibly pick up another load.
She lives about an hour and a half... from Gold Rush.
My Friend, cancelled... probably a good thing, it was late, I was tired...
Thursday was a long day.

I was joking about sleeping in The Truckasaurus, but... it was so late, Thursday, after getting unloaded... thought...
why spend 125. for a few hours in a bed.
So... slept in The Truck.
<3
The seat in The Truckasaurus is pretty much like John's Lazy Boy, where I often sleep with Miss. Peanut, so...
decided....
I'd not get a room at all, over the weekend.
{Many... sleep in their Vehicles at Shows.}

I, also... knew, had a pretty light load... for 'Simply Iowa'.
Saving nearly 400.00, is a Big Deal, with a light load.
Fuel... was a couple hundred.
Porters... another 150.
Booth... 380.

Friend's offered to have me stay with them, but... felt the need for a little
 'Alone'... time.
: )
{I've spent three nights at an Estate Sale, sleeping on an open porch, and in The Ford, to secure the #1 spot.
; )
I can sleep anywhere. }

Also... had my eye on some Treasures... my Friend, Lisa... had.
{The Twisted Sisters}
; )
Sleeping in the Truck... freed up some cash.
; )

Most of the years I've done Gold Rush, always had Show Partners, which was Great, we'd split all of the expenses.

Oh my.
We all used to have so much Fun, at Gold Rush.
We'd go to Michael's.... Downtown Rochester, and TURN IT LOOSE...
on Saturday Night.
Always!!
{My 'Happy Place'... in Rochester!!}

Michael's is closed.
Friend's, are gone.
Some...have sadly passed away.
Peg... and I... used to have a BLAST... There.
<3
Mark... doesn't do Gold Rush, anymore.
So much has changed, over the years.
Kid's have all grown up.
Liz, and Kristi... used to come with me, from the time they were 8, and 9...
we'd get up at 3 a.m. on Friday morning, drive to Rochester... unload, at 8 a.m., set the booth...
the Girl's would walk next door, to the Hotel, check in... and swim... at the Pool, while I'd work the booth.
Fun Times!!! 
The Girl's LOVED Michael's... too.
; )
They treated us all... like Queens, there.
; )
The Girl's always came with... until They... Grew Up on me!!
: )
I remember... so many Vendor's would compliment me, on The Girls.
They were such Good Workers, Helpers.
<3
They both learned a lot... about dealing with people, and learned 'Work Ethic'... while helping at the Shows.
I was always so Proud... of Them.
; )

I...really needed that 'Alone Time'... in The Ford, to process.
Seems, I've been doing a Bunch... of That, lately.
Over my life... I've met several, what I call...
'Crossroads'.
It's been a long time, since I've met one.
I...believe.... This is One.
; )

I'm an Old... Taurus, 'Change'... doesn't come easy for us.
; )
We like to be secure... keep on, keepin' on.
Steady as She Goes.
; )

The last several years... have been filled with much uncertainty.
Constant Change.
Endless Upheavals.
yes...
: )
I Needed... That 'Alone Time'.
; )
{I... believe Many... do. <3 }

Sometimes... a Soul just needs a moment, to regroup, focus... and set one's sight.
; )

I'm looking forward to getting into The Buildings, and start pulling The Memorial Day Weekend Sale, together.
Many Friend's are calling... wanting to know when they can start bringing 'Treasures', for The Sale.
: )
Not until next week.
; )
{I've Got to make that Wisconsin Run... between now, and Sale Time!! YIKES!!! }

The Memorial Day Weekend Sale will run 
May 26, thru May 29!
; )
Need to get the Lawn... prepared... before we start Filling It UP!!
Much Work... to Get Done!
YIKES!!!

Better Hop To It!!
; )

Again, it was GREAT Seeing Everyone, at Gold Rush!!
<3
So Appreciate Folks Stoppin' By... The Simply Iowa Booth!!
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.



The above... made me laugh, the other day... when I saw it.
It's So TRUE!!!
; )
Sent it to Pal... Steph.
; )
She, and I... will have MANY Laughs, when we get old.
: )


I'd forgotten how difficult it is to change clothes... and put on makeup... sitting in the front seat of a Truck... in The Dark!!
Hahahaha!!
: )
The Upside...
I Can Smoke... in The Truckasaurus.
; )
BIG Upside, especially... when Standing at a 'Crossroad'.
; )

Yes... Indeed, we'll have Much... to Laugh About.
<3

No comments: