Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Nobody Wins... afraid of losin'. The Hard Roads... are The Ones Worth Choosing.


Ran across the image of an old book, I had a long time ago.... 
this morning.
; )
The title makes me smile.

Crazy... Day.
Weed Whipped... for several hours this morning.
Skinned the brick sidewalk, beside the house.
Helper, Brandon... isn't quite as aggressive with the Weed Whip, as I am.
; )
The Sidewalk has gotten completely out of hand.
That brick walk... was very difficult to lay, 35 years ago... 
I want to 'See' it. ; )
Hahahahaha!!!
ZING!!!!!
{Love That DeWalt Weed Whip!! Battery Powered, but... Man...
It'll Show Whatever Get's In It's Path...
The Way HOME!! ; ) }

While trimming... ran across a Statue, laying down... behind the Gazebo.
'The Bather'.
<3
Thought I'd sold her.... long ago.
Years.
There she was... laying, wedged... between two trees.
Cool!!
; )
Dragged her out, and placed her... where 'The Dancer' used to be.
'The Dancer'... took a Tumble, with The Derecho.
I've got her pieces, just need to put her back together.
; )
That's gonna be a Trick, but....
I'll save her, one way or another.
; )


For now... 'The Bather' will work there.
She's not as tall... as 'The Dancer', only... about 5 feet.
but...
better than an empty spot.
; )

Son, Justin... brought the Truckasaurus in, to get estimates on the hail damage.
So...Sad.
: (
I... Love That Ford!!
Hail Dents... and All.
; )
I'm taking him to Gold Rush, 'As Found'. 
<3
Those 'imperfections'... don't hurt The Truckasaurus's Ability to Pull The Trailer!!
; )
Oh My.
Felt Great... driving him back Home, from Justin's this afternoon.
; )
That Truck... oh my.
; )
He Roars!!!
Hahahahaha!
Sadly, with all of the hail damage, to his body... he'll probably be totaled.
: (
Makes me sick.
: (


When we arrived at Justin's... his Farmer Neighbor, Pal, Kristi... had a Huge Bag of Morrel Mushrooms, waiting.
<3 <3 <3 
She wanted me to take them all...
 {the Kid's are going back out, and Hunting... more, today, and over the next few days. ; )}
I, took...a few.
; )
Enough for breakfast in the morning.
<3 <3 <3 
: )


Back in 2012, wrote the above...
on an old... chalkboard.
It, too... makes me smile.
Seems so easy, but... often, it's not...
because...
It has to be Done... in that 'order'.
; )

Too often, we forget to be 'Kind'... to Ourselves, 'First'.

May sound a little selfish... but, it's not.
; )
It's imperative.


Fairfax, Iowa... City Council Meeting, this evening.
I'll be attending.
For the First time... Ever, I'm not feeling sick about it.
We have a New Mayor.
Jo Ann Beer.

Hopefully... she'll be sworn in, tonight.
I.. believe She Cares... more about Fairfax, and about what's Right, and Fair, than any of her 
predecessors I've known... in the last 40 years.
I also... have a feeling, she's not going to be well received.... by 'City Hall'.
: (
She's gonna need a Lot of Support.
; )
<3
{I've watched Jo Ann be treated horribly, again... and, again... at The City Council Meetings, when she questions their spending, their 'numbers' and... 'interesting' ways of doing things. 
{City Hall... 'Bristles', when 'questioned'. }

I'm certain... Camera's will be coming very soon. 
Then... we'll all be able to See... for Ourselves.
; )

YAY!!!!
'TRANSPARENCY '
In Fairfax, Iowa!!!
Priceless.
Finally. Finally. Finally. }
<3

She's got my 'Support'. 
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: