Thursday, February 16, 2023

Got a little Snow.


Me and Miss. Peanut... stayed hunkered in, today.
The Highway, and Fairfax Plow's are doin' a Great Job... 
as
Always.
: )


Miss. Peanut LOVES Rompin' in the snow, but... not for too long.
: )
We're much alike that way.
Was telling Pal, Bill... on our way back from looking at the living estate sale, knowing... it was going to get colder, and snowier... today, {It was getting Cold, last night...already}
that I remember feeding Livestock... in some pretty tuff weather.
Oh my.
Used to rent pasture that was down a quarter of a mile lane.
When we got snow... I'd have to carry bale's of hay, from the hard surface road...to the pasture's gate.
I'd throw one bale over my shoulder, and pull another...behind me.
We never had 4WD vehicles.

Bale's of good hay... weigh about 50, to 60 pounds.
That was a workout.
Oh...to be a Teenager, again.
; )
Hahahahaha!!!

Having Livestock... was such a Blessing, most of the time.
<3
On 'Snow Days'... it wasn't much fun.
: )
but...
So Worth It.
<3
They'd All be standing at the gate... every day, waiting to dig into the last Summer's Alfalfa.
<3 <3 <3 

I was up late... last night, listening to Waylon & Willie.
<3
Haven't listened to them... for a long time.
Took me back.
<3
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.



No comments: