Friday, February 10, 2023

Headin' Down The Rabbit Hole. Open... 10 -3.


Gathering Southern Treasures.... to take to The Rabbit Hole, this morning.

Found some Beautiful... Beautiful... Lace, Tatting, and Handwork, in Kentucky.
<3

Love...the matching decanters. 
<3
So...old, so... beautiful.
<3

The Arched Window, and Frame... are so Cool.
: )
Great size.
45ish...by 26ish.
: )
Took images of the 'Mote'... by our home, and rabbit hole, yesterday.
Water... doesn't drain uphill.
So...little water, yet...so worrisome.

When we finally get real rain...
like, the 7 inches, we got in 2014, oh my.

Our Home... has NEVER flooded.
Even...with that 7 inches, back then.
Nor...has The Rabbit Hole.
Not...Once, in the 44 years John, and I lived here.
{I've been here...40, of those...44.}

Not Ever... has water gotten into our Home, or The Rabbit Hole, well... not until... IDOT crushed our tile, with their last condemnation... back in the 1990's.
Then, when they took the tiles, a few year's ago... which, they've not fixed... their, so called, 'Temporary'...fix, to date.
Not... sure what kind of a 'timeline'... District 6 considers 'Temporary'.
Years, and Years... it seems.

I was telling Allyson, what AJ, from District 6, told me... as he was walking away from me, with our last conversation...
he said....in so many words...
"If you'd hadn't have gotten a Lawyer involved, we might've been more willing to help you."
; )

He's young.
Told him... I, uh... sure hope he's never put in my shoes, and have to find out... what being on the other side is like.
If anything... I should've gotten a Lawyer, much sooner.

Been going over letters from The AG, and IDOT... since my return.
oh my.

We're waiting on the next round, from them.

As I'm putting the 'Novel'... together, walking through so many memories, oh my...
The Nashville Story, began...over 20 year's ago.
2014, is when the the light's went out, and everything... forever...changed.
Putting the story together... requires me to go way back, to set everything up.

2014.
It was just after John passed, Fairfax, sent their hired engineer to try to purchase land for their trail.
Pal, Steph... was with me, when I met with The Mayor, and engineer.
That...
was an interesting meeting.
Steph, at the time... questioned my response...to them.
She... Doesn't, Now.
After the 1990's Condemnation, I... learned, to trust nothing coming from IDOT, or Fairfax.
Especially... engineers.
{Sadly, this go 'round... with them, has Still Surprised me. Wow. Didn't think that was possible. Heartbreaking. }


When visiting with Allyson, on this last trip... concerning all of This... 
{Allyson, has been in the loop, with All of This, from nearly day one. Many, Dear Friend's...have.}
I, said to Allyson, that... I don't like to believe it, but... looking back, Fairfax's timing, was interesting.
Had John... still been here, I wonder... how things may have been different.

Many...are wondering that, these days.
Many...have, for some time.

Seems these 'Goliaths'...like to hit Folk's when they presume they are at their weakest, or...try to do their best to cripple them... for an easier 'kill'.

We're going on 7 years, now.
What a fight. 
{The Civil War... only spanned from 1861, to 1865. }
oh...my.

Had the IDOT... simply kept our Recorded Agreement, back in 2018, I wouldn't be writing about this.
Our, Home... wouldn't have flooded, in drought years... over, and over.
I can only imagine, how Horrible... life would be, if I'd have taken young, AJ's... advise.
The 1990's Condemnation... made it very Clear, to John, and myself...that trying to fight 'Goliath', without an Extremely Good Lawyer, would be suicide, yet... I tried to deal with them, for far too long, before I picked up the phone, and got Josey Wales... involved.
Guess... foolishly, very...very... foolishly, thought I could trust them, this time.
Reading... and, going back... oh my. 
If...they'd only been truthful.

Like Steph... says, now...and has, watching this all unfold,
 "Death...by a Thousand Cuts."
When a signed, and recorded agreement, entered into...in Good Faith, isn't upheld, well...
makes ya wonder... what is?
Guess...we'll be finding out, soon.

I'd better get outside.
Snow...to shovel.

Love...to Ya.
Prayers... for All.

Barb C.

{Fairfarren... Burt. 
<3 
Thank You. }


No comments: