Tuesday, May 11, 2021

One Day....One, Battle....at a Time.


The Journey....
oh my.

Didn't write about Mother's Day...
or...going to Mass, with Dear...Friends.
oh my.
: )

Mother's Day...was Quite...a Day, for Many.
oh my.

Mass, was Absolutely...Wonderful.
<3
{They gave All of The Mothers...a Beautiful Long Stemmed Rose, after Mass. <3 I gave mine...to my Mom, when I got Home. <3 }

I'm not Catholic...don't belong to any organized religion.
Never have. I've studied...with many, over the years, but...
Trust The Lord...The Word, not humans.
What I Do Love...about Church, going...is The Fellowship.
: )
knowing...that so many...are also there, to Praise.
That's Wonderful.
<3

The Priest was Great, had met him...not long ago...at a Dear Friend's Funeral.
He's a Very...Good Man.
: )

As my Friends, I'd went with...and I talked about the Mass, after...they...were so taken back, by The Priest's Messages, that day.
Said...it was 'unprecedented'.
???
{I, thought....the Priest, was Spot On. <3 }

They told me, what he was Preaching...was surprising, they were taken back, and...were Touched Deeply, by his Sermon.
again...
I, wasn't surprised, he was speaking straight from the Book...of John. 
<3
 Spot On. <3 }

John 3:16
has been my Lifeline...since I was a child.
<3
No matter, what others said, or...did, I always remembered That...Verse.
<3

I don't compare myself...to anyone.
Don't judge...anyone, because...I...surely...don't want to be judged, by them, or anyone.
; )

We're all...on a 'Journey'...trying to find...the way.

As I spoke with my Friends, while heading to Brunch...after Mass, 
we talked about the 'Hell'...with the IDOT, and Fairfax.
They...are so Angry, too.
: (
Told them...how I'd had another Melt Down...the night before.
: (
went on...and said....
"The Truth...is, as Angry...as I am, with These Folks, if I saw any one of them...stranded, beside the road, I'd stop...to help them. How...Sick...Is That!!!?"
hahahaha....
: )

Maybe, that's why...I am So Angry.
I'd Never...hurt them, any one...of Them, like this.
Never.

I'm not capable of it.
That, makes me kinda mad.
: (
There's a part of me, that want's them to Feel...the Hurt, like they've inflicted.
but...
there's a Much Larger...part, of me...that would Never...want them, or Anyone, to be hurt...this way.
Ever.

When we arrived at the Restaurant, I'm not going into detail, but...
ran into a Young Man.
Hadn't seen him, since he was 14, or 15.
He's 22, now.

I, didn't recognize him.
Knew his Grandparents, who'd helped to raise him.
Good Folks.
<3

Sadly, the Young Man's early childhood, was horrible.
Both of his parents, were addicts. 
: (

Sadly, the Young Man, had followed their paths.
Last time...I saw him, while he was living with his Grandparents....
he was such a Handsome Kid!!
Star Football Player!!!
<3

Now...his teeth, are nearly gone...from the meth.
His Dad...is in prison...for dealing, and using heroine.

We sat outside the restaurant, and visited for a long...long, time.
The Young Man...is Clean, and has been for several months.
<3
He shared many stories with me...about his childhood, that...set me back.
{22...going on a 100. : ( : ( : ( }
Said...the last time his Dad was released from jail...he was ordered, by his Dad... to take him...directly to his dealer, and watched his Dad...shoot up heroine.
: ( 
The Young Man...told me, his Dad...will die, in Prison.
He won't be getting out...this time, he'll die there.
: ( : ( : ( 

I, told the Young Man...maybe, prison is the safest place...for his Dad.
The Young Man...smiled, and said... "It's easier to get drugs in Prison, than on the streets."
: ( : ( : ( 

When we parted...I reminded the Young Man, where to find me.
<3
Told him, like I told a Young...Family Member, whom has also...danced with meth, his childhood was a Mess.
Wrongful Mess, that Others...are solely responsible for.

Those Days...are Gone.
It's On Him...now.
Only He, can write the Rest of His Story.

Reminded them both...They Are Loved.
<3
They Are Worthy.
{smiled, and said, I'm sure...that's hard to hear...from an angry... self medicating...Sinner, like me. : )
but...it's The Truth.
<3
One Day...at a Time.
We Never Walk...Alone.
<3 }

The Young Man...gave me a Big Hug...and Thanked me....for talking with him.
I...Thanked Him...Back.
<3

We both...needed to 'Hear'.
<3


{The Lilac's are Beautiful....this Spring.
<3 
Can't walk past them...and not think of my Sister, Chery.
<3 
Chery's Birthday...was April 29th.
I was setting up at What Cheer, on her Birthday.
She...was such a Beautiful...Blessing, in our lives. 
<3 <3 <3 }

Monday...morning, woke up...early...but, stayed in bed, and kept thinking about my Mom.
<3
I, realized...I hadn't really grieved...when Mom passed away, for her.
The tears, fell like rain...Monday morning.

When Mom...passed, John was also in the hospital.
I remember...walking through the hospital corridors, back and forth...to visit them both.
I, stayed with Mom, until...she left us.
We laughed, and sang songs... had many Happy....conversations.
I, only left her side...to visit John, or let the Hound's out...at home.
Mom, left us...when I left her, to let Polly, and Nicky...out.
The Nurse said...Mom, had likely waited, for me to leave.


I knew...'this time'...that hospital visit...
Mom, wasn't going to make it.
Also...knew, John...was fighting for his Life, and would be.
Had to let go...of Mom, March 20th, 2014... help her...find her way, to The Lord....
and Fight Like Hell...for John.
oh my.

Then...John, left us.
May 25th, 2014.
Surely wasn't prepared for that.
None of us...were. 






When the 'Iowa Hurricane' Hit...
took Mom, and Dad's Stone...over.
: (
I, couldn't go to the cemetery, after I saw it down.
Been waiting, for the Folks to get it put back up.
So many...are down, around here.
They are Busy...Busy, Still.
: (

Called another Business, who sets these stones, Monday....
Couldn't believe, by Monday Night...That Man...Had It Reset!!!
WOW!!
What a Blessing!
The Kind...Man, sent me a picture...of Their Stone Up...last night.
<3 <3 <3 
I'm going to give it a Shine, today.
<3

I, hadn't had Mom's date engraved..in their stone...to this day.
Don't know...if...it's because, I...simply....couldn't quite process her being Gone, maybe.
: (
Mom's Ashes...are here...with John's, Close...to me.
<3

The Journey.
Seems, one Battle, after another.
oh my.
but...
Many Blessings, too.
: )
Guess...we all...have to Take Them On, One Day....at a Time.
<3




Love to You.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

 

No comments: