Monday, May 17, 2021

The Journey.


Bought this old...old, large...oil painting, from a Sweet Neighbor, decades...ago.
It had been rescued from an attic of a Catholic Church...that was being torn down, near Waterloo, Iowa.
When she found it...it was rolled up, and in a pile of rubble, to be hauled away.

I saw it, when she was having a garage sale, in the 1990's...she had it tacked to her garage wall.
John helped me mount it, on a board.
It's hung in our home...since.
It's So Beautiful.
<3

I..love, what looks to an old...Iowa Girl, like a Corn Stalk...beside...Mary, Jesus...and John The Baptist.
<3 
Priceless.
<3

While driving home...yesterday...from the Newhall Estate Sale, {June 10-13} 
I noticed the Baby...Corn...just...popping their little heads up...through the Beautiful, Rich...Fertile...Black... Iowa Soil.
So Perfectly....
in Tight...
Narrow...
Rows.
<3

Iowa...is The Most...Beautiful State, I've ever been in.
It's...Breathtaking.
Every Season, offers...so Much Beauty, and Wonder.
<3

May God Bless...The Farmers.
as They...
Bless Us.
<3




After visiting with a Dear Friend...this morning, we'd been talking about what I'd written, yesterday, concerning my Dad.
How...I couldn't drive past...his 'Sanctuary'...for five years, after he so suddenly...
 left us.

Our conversation...made me wonder, how....I ever was able, to.
What point, was it...what happened, that I could go back down that road.

I...don't know.
Can't remember...if, I...finally, 'made' myself.
?
I, do know this...
when I drive past, I try not to look.
Most of the time....don't.

It's never been developed, over the last 34 years.
Sometimes, I wish...I had the courage to walk down...into the little Valley, Dad...So Loved.
<3

I...know...there are probably, still...some 'fragments'...of Dad, his...Beloved old Tractors, there.
<3

Wondered...this morning, if the wooden fence posts, I busted my butt...setting, with a hand post hole digger, are still standing.
: )
Man...
That...
 was Work.
: )
Think we picked the Hottest, Driest...Iowa, August Days, on Record...
to Run That Fence!!
Hahahaha.
: )
<3
oh...my.
: )
but...
By God...We Got 'er Done!!
: )
Somehow...We Always...Did.
: )
<3



Indeed.

Truth.


Heading to a Neighbor's...then...back to work at The Newhall Estate.
Busy...Day.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.





 

No comments: