Monday, May 3, 2021

Simply...Soulful.


Started writing this post...yesterday.
I...truly, didn't want to get too far away from Junk Jubilee....without writing about a wonderful thing, that happened there.
<3

I'd bought...a very Soulful...piece, from my Friend, Lisa.
Didn't think...to take a picture of it.
It...was a cast brass sculpture...of Mary, with a little girl, kneeling before her.
It had cast flowers, and inside each flower...was a button, of sorts...that looked like pearl.
<3

It...had a big chunk...broken off...on the base, but, it didn't matter.
It...was absolutely....Soulful.
Showed it to Daughter, Liz...and said...if it didn't sell, I'd keep it, and put it with the Memorial...in the house.
It...was Amazing.
<3

Liz...told me to set it back, and keep it.
I, rarely do that.
Business...First.
Bills to pay...always.
and...if it's meant to be...it will be.
This Old...Soulfulness...as we know, Always...Always...finds it's way to exactly where it's supposed to.
Always.
<3

When the show opened...two people...right away picked it it up, and asked for a better price.
Told them both....I really wanted to stay firm...on it.
They each...set it back.

Then...a bit later, a Girl...{above} came walking up to me...with the Beautiful Sculpture...in her hands.
Turned out, she was one of my Favorite...People, who...also...has an Incredible Love...of Old.
'Soulfulness'.
<3

She...didn't put it back.
<3

Told her...what my plans were for it...if it didn't sell.
<3
Went on...and told her, if she ever tired of it, to please give me first chance.
<3

The next day...she and her Husband...brought me a little package.
<3
It was Beautifully wrapped, in tissue, with a bow...that was actually...old, old...beaded wire.
<3

I...opened it up...and inside, was something she thought would be perfect on The Memorial...in the place of the Sculpture.
<3


It is an Old...Old...Stamped Brass, 'Sacred Heart'.
Priceless.
<3
I, was so...touched...by her thoughtfulness.
<3


When I got home...that night, I put the Sacred Heart...near John's Ashes.
{The young Friend...has also suffered the Loss...of her first Husband, the following day, was the anniversary...of his Loss.}
She knows...the connection I have with Hearts, with Dad, and John.
What a Beautiful...Spirit, she is.
<3 <3 <3 


I'll think of her...and her...Kindness...every time I look at the Sacred Heart.
<3


Son in Law...Adam, bought a Big Ford Rollback, that Son...Justin had told him about.
He was so excited to get it home...and for me to come look at it.
: )

When the Kids came to What Cheer, on Friday...I decided with the Big Winds...coming on Saturday, and...I'd sold...well, Thursday, and Friday...I'd have them help me load up, and come home.
So..that opened up Saturday...for other Business.

and...a little Fun.
: )
When I got the dealings done...Saturday morning...headed North, to go visit the Kids.
Many...Many...Miles.
Top down...on Sally, and took the back roads....all the way.
: )

I'd looked at a Ford...Saturday morning.
Needing something to pull the trailer with.



It's a 7.3, with a 6 speed manual transmission.
I've decided...I'll never buy a Truck with an automatic...again.
and...
I Really...want that Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel.
They are Powerful Workhorses...that Run Forever.
They were only made from 1999 to '03 with a Turbo.

This one, has a few issues, so...had Adam look at it, yesterday.
We're putting numbers together...with the needed repairs, today...to see if it's doable.
: )





Liz, and Shelli, from Junk Jubilee.
<3
: )

Shelli, and Micca, do such a Great Job...with that Event.
Hadn't seen them...for over a year...because of covid.
It was Great...Seeing Them, and Everyone...in Des Moines.
<3

I, will...have to say...nothing is the same, or...ever will be, again.
I, realized that....with this first...Event.
People didn't recognize me.
I, was afraid of that.
Liz...was...too.
: (
She said... "Mom, they don't know who you are...you're going to have to introduce yourself to people>"

Have you any idea...how it feels, when people you've known for years...look right through you?
: (

{no wonder...our Granddaughter thinks I'm an Alien.}

The last 7 years...have been difficult, losing...so Many.
but...
the last year, when the IDOT District 6, breached our recorded agreement, for Fairfax's Trail...has dropped me to my knees.
Watching them build that bridge...with Fairfax's Trail...on it, then...look me in the eye, and deny...it, until...they couldn't anymore.
I, even have emails...from them...denying it...over, and over, until...they couldn't.

It...was like they were spitting in my face, with every lie.
Spitting on my Lawyer, my Family...John...Justice.
Sickening.
Sickening.



They've taken my passion away, from most everything I've ever enjoyed, with their wrongfulness.
The flooding...of our home...4 times.
put our home, and business...in a basin, that will surely flood when the rain comes, because of the high elevation...of the Bridge...for, you guessed it, Fairfax's Trail.

My Friends, think I look good.
Liz, said...with every kind...compliment, she knew...how painful it was to hear.
She knows...better than anyone...ya can't judge a book...by it's cover.

I've turned into a Warrior, because of the IDOT, and Fairfax.
My Heart...is Angry.
Angry.
I...don't like how it feels.
: (

You have no idea...what the Kind Gestures...of Such...Soulful...People, Children...Critters mean to me.

{To John W., Thank You for the Wonderful Email, concerning Liz, and Vivian. <3 My Yahoo Account won't let me respond, but know...It Made Me Smile. <3 Love You. : ) <3 }






While at What Cheer, Pal...Mark...came walking up to me, and handed me this Heart Bracelet. 
: )
He said...he'd spotted it in one of my Neighbor's Showcases, and thought I needed to have it.
: )
So...Kind.
: )
'Family'.

The back roads, are the Best...Therapists...I know of.

The Farmers, are out...trying to get the Crops in...to Feed us all.
May God...Bless Them.

Vivian...and her Ice Cream.
oh my.


Little Jack, with his...at What Cheer.
: )

Vivian's wound up...in the Powder Dust...on the ground.
: (
She tried to rescue it, and eat it...anyway, as we all scrambled to get it away from her!!!
hahahahaha....
oh my.

Sold quite a bit, including the Masonic Columns...on Friday.
Was glad...we pulled out, Friday night.
I'd had enough.
That Blowing Dust...would've done me in.
: (


Record numbers...of Shoppers, and Vendors....at What Cheer, I'm sure.


I'm going to find my way...to the rabbit hole, today.
So many...I saw at What Cheer, and Junk Jubilee...want to come visit.
: (
It's been closed...pretty much, for 3 years, because of this mess.
It's so dangerous.
: (

So many, told me...that they've driven past...and can't believe...what the IDOT has done to us.
They're heartbroken...too.
This...used to be...a 'Sanctuary'...for so many.
<3

Gone...forever.
: (

So many...said, they'd seen my pictures...but, until you see it in person, you truly...have no idea.
It takes everything...I've got, to be 'normal', do my job.
That's what it is...now.
a 'job'.

When I come inside, where I prefer....to stay, I melt.
Have no appetite...for anything.

Don't know...how all of this is going to end, or...how long...it's going to take.
So much...uncertainty.
: (
I...hope...I can survive it.

Gonna start working on the Newhall, Iowa Estate Tag Sale, this week.
It's set for June 10-13.
: )

Super Nice...Family.
Looking Forward, to being there.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.























No comments: