Sunday, May 16, 2021

Starting Over.


Spent the last couple of days...processing.
That's always...scary.
; )

This 'process'...with the IDOT, and Fairfax....over the last several years, has nearly, nearly...
done me in.
oh my.

Shared with the Mayor, during our conversation...on Friday, that I hate living here.
Fairfax, isn't Fairfax...anymore.
He suggested I sell out.
: )
Told him...that's not gonna happen.
; )

It crosses my mind, a hundred times a day...to get out of this Hell.
The 'Getting Out'...Running Away, is the Easy Thought.
Not...being able to 'Come Home'...again,
 no matter how Ugly, and Wrong...it's become...
is what I'm not sure I could live with.

When I was out taking video...and images, the other day....of the Mess, in front of our home...
with the signal, it didn't dawn on me, until this morning....
why...
after getting so close, and personal...with This Wrongfulness, it takes me down...for days.

Why...it's so Difficult, to walk outside, during the daylight, and witness this Mess.
Then, I thought...of when Dad...died.
: (

Dad, had rented some land...just off of Edgewood Road, in Cedar Rapids.
He loved it there.
<3
{I've traveled Edgewood Road, many times, daily...throughout my life. It's a main artery.}

Dad, had his old tractors, and trucks...there, he spent every moment...he could there.
You could see Dad, and his Treasures...from Edgewood Road. : )

One night,...a fire broke out, there....
Dad...tried to put it out, but couldn't.
Ultimately...because of the trauma...Dad suffered that night, he passed away, early the next morning.

It was 5 years, before I could drive past there...on Edgewood Road.
I'd go out of my way...miles, and miles...to avoid it.

I, Can't Avoid...This.
Every day...is like being submerged...in a Boiling Cauldron of Wrongfulness.

Heartbreak.

I, never wanted to 'Settle', with the IDOT, three years ago.
I...wanted to go to Trial.
Set a Precedence, for what had led up to this....so it wouldn't happen to anyone else.

 Our 2018 Recorded Settlement Agreement, with The IDOT, I...felt we had compromised.
{Tho...I, sure sure didn't want to compromise...oh dear.
That's what Wise...Lawyer's....do.
; )
Not...Mad Hatters.

The Lawyer...was right.
I...could've lived with it.
 The IDOT District 6, was Wrong, very...}

Then...to my horror, I watched the IDOT District 6, Breach...our Agreement.
but...
when I questioned them...over, and over....at Every Level...
They Lied...to me.
To my face...in writing, as well....from the Top...down, Fairfax, City Hall...too.
: (
Kept denying...any 'Trail'...Plans, on the Bridge, 
until...they couldn't.
Until...it was obvious, to All, exactly what they were up to, and they had their Wrongful Trail...Built.

Watching them butcher...everything John...worked his life away for...
put Folks, in harm's way...with a Suicide Trail, {no Safety Studies, even after I Begged Them All.} 
that isn't supposed to be, per, our Recorded Agreement, well...

There Is No Driving Around This.
No Detours...
to take.


Visited with a Very...Wise Man, yesterday.
He gave me some very good advise at the end of our conversation.
Had anyone else...suggested that, I....most likely...wouldn't have given it a second thought.
but...
I'm taking his advise.
; )

Time to Saddle Up.
again.
oh my.


Love the Chris Stapleton Tune...
Starting Over.
: )

The lyrics, are amazing.
and...
seem very fitting.

Heading to Newhall, and work...on the June 10-13 Estate Sale.
Then...maybe, take Sally for a Ride, through the Countryside.
: )
<3
'My Church'.
<3 

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.


 

No comments: