Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Dixie.



Woke up...early this morning... it was dark, rainy....gloomy.
The rain...streaming down the windows, blurred my vision of the Beautiful Trees, just outside...
reminded me of the mesmerizing glaze, on Newcomb Pottery, that Artist's depicted on the early 20th Century...Pottery, of rural Louisiana, with the haunting, gnarly...free spirited...Spanish Moss...hanging from the Tree branches.
<3

A bit...gloomy, I suppose...
but, somehow...quite...beautiful.
Soulful.
: )

Don't know what made my 'mind'...wander...this early morning, to Abe Lincoln.
: )
Started reading some of his writings.
He, was Such a Wise...Man.
<3
Such a Brave, Powerful... Man.
yet...such a Kind, 
Tender... Man.
Some of his quotes...made me laugh, some...cry, some...simply, made me think.
: )
actually...
They All...
made me
 'think'.

Powerful.

I'm heading off...to work, on The Newhall Estate Sale.
{June 10-13}
So Much...to get Done.
oh my.

Pictures...soon.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.


{read this morning...that Abe's favorite Tune...was 'Dixie'.
Long...before the 'War'.
<3 
I'd bet...that's true.
<3
He was a Kentucky Boy. : )
The tune...was written, and popular... two years, before The Civil War.
I, love it...too. 
<3 
So much...isn't politically correct, these days.
I, mean no disrespect...to anyone.
In my opinion, we should never...quit looking back, to our History.
It'll teach Much, and...hopefully, keep us from repeating mistakes.}



 

No comments: