Saturday, February 27, 2021

Walkin' The Line.


Son, Justin...had just repaired this car...
the Customer, picked it up, yesterday morning.
While trying to get on to the Butchered Highway 151, at our corner...
he was hit, head on. 

There is No Visibility getting on to 151, from either corner of our Land.
IDOT District 6, knows this.
So does Fairfax, City Hall.
Yet...
they watch us...take our lives in our hands...every day.

The Driver of this car...was injured....but, he's alive.

Received a call last night, from an Old...Friend, I've known him...since I was 12.
He lives in Cedar Rapids.
He... was the Other...Driver.
He...was heading to Amana.

His Truck...is totaled.
After hitting the above car, he hit the concrete center wall/barrier, head on.
He climbed out of his truck, to see the damages...then, said he got right back inside...because the Semi's were Flying so Close to his wrecked Truck...he was afraid for his life.
He told me...he doesn't think he'll ever be able to drive on this stretch...again. 

: ( : ( : ( 

My Friend...is Home...but, hurting.
I...just want to scream.
: (

This is going to get much worse....when the construction is done.

When this Highway went from State Highway 149, to Federal Highway...151, a few decades ago....
this Highway...became one of the most dangerous in Linn County, Iowa.
{according to IDOT Traffic Safety Studies}
That's why...when Fairfax, and IDOT District 6, decided a Trail...next to it, would be a Good Thing, I've been so Frightened.

Most Folks...who read my blog, know...I've suffered many Losses, of Loved Ones.
The pain...from those losses, is often...nearly, unbearable.
To watch...this Insanity, that Will...so Unnecessarily, and Wrongfully...
hurt, Take Lives...
well...
yes, It's nearly pushed me over the edge.
: (

I remember...a couple of decades ago...when I brought 'The Old... Saint'...Home.
<3
He's Beautiful...from Italy.
John...helped me Place him...under the Big Pine, near our Home.
Our 'Pet Cemetery'...Tree.
We faced The Saint...towards our Home.
Told John... "We Need All The Help We Can Get!!" : ) 
then...
I stood back, and decided...we needed to turn him...to face the Highway.
The Highway, and her Travelers...Need Him, more than we.
<3
We knew That...over 20 years ago.
Common Sense.
in the above image...you can see the Old...Saint, Praying....under the Big Pine.
<3

The Old...Saint, has...endured, and...seen much carnage.
The above image...was before...the wrongful 'Taking'.... for Fairfax's Suicide Trail.
It's heartbreaking...to look at.

Above...the Old....Pine, a few days ago...
It watches over...the Massive Traffic.
The Saint...He....Prays.
So Do I.
I, Hope...You, will...Too. 
<3

May God Bless Us...
Everyone.

Love...to You.

Barb C. 





The IDOT District 6, took that Pine Tree...{wrongfully for Fairfax's Trail, that isn't supposed to be.}, but...Thanks to our Lawyer, It still Stands.

I'm going to keep fighting this wrongfulness...as long as I have a breath.
I, couldn't live with myself...if I didn't, when People...die...here.
It's been 5 years...fighting.
I'm getting weary.
Fighting giants...is exhausting.
crippling...at times.
but....
make no mistake, I'm not letting go.

I'm Grateful...for our Lawyer, who has never waivered.
I'm Grateful...to God...for giving me the strength...to carry on.
Keep...Walkin' The Line.

Other's need to Step Up.
Speak Up.

I'm Grateful...to God, my Friend, and Justin's Customer...Survived.
Blessings.
Blessings.
but...you see...
This 
should've never happened.

If things aren't Made Right....
this is going to get worse, and worse.
The IDOT District 6, and Fairfax City Hall....
can never...ever...say, they weren't 'aware'...and warned.
Ever.
: ( : ( : ( 



 

No comments: