Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Fat Tuesday....


Pal, Allyson...and I, visited New Orleans...several years back.
It...had always been a dream...of mine, to go...see it.
That...was a very special...Gift, she gave me.
<3

Brought back...masses of beads, draped them....all over the massive, gnarly...Wall Sconce...Set Prop...from Theatre Cedar Rapids... 'Phantom of The Opera'.

<3

Many...things change...at the rabbit hole, when it's open....on a daily basis, but...not that.
<3 

Every time...I walk by it, it...makes me smile.
: )
Fond...memories.
New Orleans...is a Magical...City.
You can feel it's colorful History...with every step you take....in the French Quarter.
{especially...barefooted, with a lampshade on your head. ; ) }

Visited...with a couple of Friends, who called, yesterday.
One...was a City Official, I..truly, appreciated that call.

then...
late, last night....Pal, Steph...gave me a call.
<3
She's so...amazing.
We're both, as are so many...trying to find our paths.

She's an incredible...Artist.
<3

Steph..so wants to help me...find my feet.
She...wants to help...put this brokenness...back together.
<3

Told her, it's what I imagine, she feels, when staring at a blank canvas.
You have to have the desire...to pick up the brush, and...have the passion, 'vision'...
before you make that first...stroke.

I...don't have it.
Can't find it.

my 'canvas'...is in shreds.

Steph...asked me, what I 'see', what I 'want'...to see.
Told her, 'what we had....before this wrongful....butchering'.

It...weighs heavy, on my soul...that...should I be able to put it together,
 in a few short weeks, it could all be destroyed, by floods.

It's like....I'm trying to 'Paint'...with my hands tied behind my back, holding the brush...with my teeth.

I...know, I've got to make a move, no matter.
Being frozen...in time, isn't workin' out very well.

Steph...reminded me, of something I'd told her...several years ago.
"You can either be on top...of the Mountain, or...have the Mountain...on top of you. It's your choice."
{hate it when my own words...kick my butt. }







As...I sit, and write...this morning, so many thoughts cross my mind.
The people...and, places.
<3

I...feel, like I'm sitting at a chess board, struggling to make the next move, wondering....worrying, if...it'll be my last.

Maybe, sometimes...not making a move, is the worst...'move'.
Difficult...to know.
So...difficult, to know.



The South.
Spanish Moss...
Statuary...
Soulfulness.
Soulfulness.
<3

Guess...that's what I should be working towards.
No matter what.
If...in weeks, it's all destroyed, well...
I'll have to start over...again.
Climb...
again.

The furnace...is turned off, at the rabbit hole.
I'll head there, in a couple of days, when it warms up...a little.
Get it going.
It'll probably...take a day, or two... just...to warm the shop.
So...by the end of the week, I should be able...to start on The Mountain.

Steph...suggested, I do some online business...to start with.
Maybe...so.
The rabbit hole, is so packed, from the partial estates....that came in, last year...
there's no way...I can get people through.

With the masses of snow, and bitter cold...anything, any venue... outside, is not going to work.

I...need, I know...to be where the soulfulness...is.
There's no place...on this earth, that's more...
Soulful....
than The Rabbit Hole.

<3 <3 <3 

Love...to You.
Prayers for All.

Barb C. 




{I've often said...if, The Rabbit Hole...had a Voice, it would Sing....'Stay', by Alison Krauss. 
<3 
That Tune...is The Rabbit Hole. <3 }

 

No comments: