Sunday, November 15, 2020

Grim Tasks.


Our Dear...Forever Neighbor, Bob...sadly passed away, three days ago.
He fell, in his yard...nearly two weeks ago, developed a brain bleed, and...covid, after being hospitalized...
Tragic.

He cared for the Barn Cats, like John...did, his Son, told me...how he doted on the Kitties, and how...over the last few years, they really kept him alive.
Bob, Loved them...so.
When I drove by his home, after I heard the news, there were many Kitties, sitting, staring...at Bob's door.
: (
His Children are caring for the Kitties, they live next door to Bob...
and I will too.
Even, Scout...our Horse, seemed to be out of sorts, over the last few days.
Bob, also...spoiled Scout. <3
: (
They...know.
They...truly....do.
: (





 then...last night, a Friend/Neighbor....FB'd me, and...asked if I'd seen the Kitty, dead...on the highway...in front of our home.
She was hoping it wasn't one of ours.
Our Kitties, don't ever leave the house.
Ever.
We are down to One, the Baby....she's about 12 years old, now.
We learned long ago...if Pet's are let outside to run, near this highway, they are dead.
It's a Killer.

I've lost count...of how many Critters we've had to bury.
 Had to add One more, to The Pet Cemetery....this morning.

The Kitty, I buried...this morning, was one of the Barn...Kitties.
: (
One, that I'm sure...Bob, doted on. 

I don't pull into the Highway side drive, these days.... it's far too dangerous, don't drive in front of our home...always come in, on the back side...don't even like looking at the Highway side, as you know, so...didn't see the Kitty.
I'm glad, my Friend, let me know.

After all of the years, living here....next to this Insane...highway, you don't ever get used to this.
The highway, is still torn up, and...not completely open.
The speed limit, is 35, much slower than normal....
yet, it doesn't matter.
It's still... a Killer.
: ( 
Always will be.

My Deepest Sympathy, for Bob's Family.
He will be Greatly Missed, by us all.
 Two...and Four Legged.

Love...and Prayers, for All.
Barb C.


{As I was picking up...the lifeless body, of the Barn Kitty, this morning, thought to myself...
"So...It Begins."
The 'First Casualty'
 of Fairfax's Trail...that the.. IDOT breached our contract to wrongfully build, for Fairfax.
The Kitty, was killed on Fairfax's Brand New...'Suicide' Trail. 
Sadly...she won't be the last.
 
{Like I told Staebler, and A.J., from IDOT District 6, before they broke ground,
 I'd Give Anything...to be Wrong, about this. But, I'm not. }
Heartbreaking.
 
Guess... maybe, after all of  Fairfax's, and the IDOT's wrongfulness...
I, should...simply, 'Get Used to 'This' '. 
: (
Now...
 Every Bit of Carnage...that befalls Their Wrongful Trail, is On...Them.
Every Bit.

'It'...
 Fairfax's Trail...
 Never...should've been there. 
Ever. 
 
Had either...entity, conducted a Safety Study, concerning Pedestrians, and Cyclists...along this stretch of 151, like I Begged them Both, to do...before building this, well, I wouldn't be writing about This...now.
They Refused.
Even...if I paid for it.

Had the IDOT, kept their Lawful...Binding...Contract, They Agreed To,  with us, there wouldn't be...a Suicide Trail, in front of our Home.
 
Neighbor, Bob...was such a Rock, concerning This...Wrongfulness.
 He so worried, about all of this.
 I'm Gonna Miss Him. <3 <3 <3 
Already....do. }

No comments: