Sunday, November 22, 2020

Changes...


This....
will be the very first Thanksgiving....
since, I was 15....
that I won't be preparing Thanksgiving Dinner, for our Family.
It seems so odd, just thinking about it.

This year, I suggested...we have Thanksgiving at Son, Justin's....and Katie's.
They have a larger home, with lots of land...now.
The Grandkids, will be able to roam...and play outside, if it's warm enough.
Here....everything is so upside down.

Katie...loves to cook, she's Great. <3
{All of our Kids...are Awesome Cooks. <3 }
Liz told me that Katie is disappointed, because she looks forward to Thanksgiving, here.
That...made me feel good. <3 I, told Katie, we don't have to go to her home...just thought, it would be easier for everyone, not having to load all of the Kids, for both Families.
But...reassured, all of the Kids...'Christmas'...is Mine. <3
I'm not giving that one...up. 
<3
Told Katie...I wouldn't give Thanksgiving Up...to just...'anyone'.
<3
Never...have. ; )
<3

Liz..and Adam, will be smoking two Farm Raised Turkeys...and bringing them.
I'll...make the Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Pickle Wraps, Candied Yams...
along with meat, and cheese trays.
Probably...make a few pies.
: )
Some, I'll prepare here, some...at Katie's.

It's...gonna seem strange. Already does.


I'm kinda having second thoughts....: (
It, won't seem fittin'....that the old Harvest Table, will sit empty, this Thanksgiving.
The Stove, will be Cookin' Up...a Storm, but...then, sit quietly.
Usually, we're all crowded in the kitchen...
everyone taking turns, stirring something, as we're trying to get it All...Done, at Once.
: )


I shouldn't feel so melancholy...
So Many...aren't going to be together...this Thanksgiving, at all.
Covid, has run through all of our Family, weeks ago.
They've been out of quarantine, for a few weeks.
I, don't think I've had it...
I'll be careful.

Maybe...spend a little time on that Awesome... Hot Rod...4 Wheeler, of theirs.
: )

Love...to Ya.
Prayers, for All.
Barb C.

{I always think...of the John Denver Tune,
  'Back Home Again'... 
while preparing for Thanksgiving.
<3
Yikes...
This...is gonna be kinda Tuff.  }


{When I wrote about the Hospital Bills, yesterday...
It wasn't me, that 'Saved John's Sanctuary'.
It was the Hospital, Surgeon... {Awesome} and Doctors...for Working with Us.
<3 <3 <3 
Along, with Dear Friends, One...especially, that I...know, tho...she'll never admit it, had an influence with the Hospital.
<3 <3 <3 
The bills, were insane. 
Without Them, we would've lost...Everything.
Tho, John...left us, very unexpectedly...only two months after his brain surgery....
he knew...we were covered.
He wasn't going to lose...everything he'd worked his life...away for.
We...were gonna make it.
No Liens.
{That...I worked Hard, to make sure...of. }
<3 <3 <3 
What a Priceless Blessing, each...and Everyone, was...to John, me....and our Entire Family. }



 

No comments: