Friday, August 3, 2012

One...is One...Too Many...One More...is Never Enough...

These are Railroad  Box Car tags...I think... I stood there...sorting through them...wondering...what I could do with a few them...then...I bought the whole...box full...{there are Hundreds...of them...}
 "One...is One Too Many... One More...is Never Enough!"
I Love the Kenny Chesney Song... 'You and Tequila Make me Crazy'... Love the Lines...
 "One...is One Too Many...One More...is Never Enough"...and
"It's Always Your Favorite Sins...That'll Do Ya....In"....
It seemed very Fitting...for My What Cheer...Journey Today!!!
I didn't pull in...until after 11:00... tonight... and have been running...since...about 8....a.m.
I am... Tired...
But...a Good...Tired...
I saw so many Great People...today...stayed and visited with Mark...and his Kids...'til after dark...
I'll be up...Early...to get back..and see what comes rollin' in...throughout the day....
Hope to See You There!

These are Old...300 watt Bulbs...Huge... Gnarly...Cool... : ) {I couldn't...buy just one... nope... bought 'em All!}
I spied a box...of old Balls...of different shapes...sizes...and degree...of Grunge... I started picking through them... then...ahhh...yeah...you guessed it...I bought...them All...
I have No...Idea...how many pair of Scissors...I picked up...today...all I know...is I bought every pair...I saw.....{we'll get to the...'Moon' Thing... oh dear...} {love the little hand made doll...he needs a head... but...he is...Sweeeeet!}
I captured this image...of a Ford Van... Way Cool!... : )
Found this...Old...Grungy Tote...at the end of the day... Very...Cool...  : )
I could have bought the Stone Fruit...by the Piece... but...they all looked so good...together... well.... : )
{I Love...The Old...Gnarly Boom Truck... {I have a story...concerning a real one.... I'll be writing about...one of these days...oh dear...What a 'Journey'.... : ) }
This is The Coolest...Old...Buggy...of Sorts...it's Extra Wide.... and...so..Unusual...It will be a Fun Display Piece...at Gold Rush!
O.K....I truly thought...I may have Lost My Mind....when I Bought...All...of the Wooden Moons... from a Bridal Store....First Thing...today... {there are 8 of them...} I Just...Love Them...if they don't sell...Maybe...I'll have a 'Harvest Moon' Theme...for the Fall Harvest Sale! Have them Hangin' in The Trees!!!
I bought this Crazy...Vintage Pin... while digging in one of Most Favorite Booths! The '1.00 an Item' Booth... Chris...is Such a Doll... and... he agreed...it was 'Totally'...Me!... I am...such a 'Calamity Jane'...at times... {ask John...he'll tell ya!} and...the way I was dressed... {Like an Old Hippie... in my Tie Dyed...Long Fringed...Tank Top.... Crazy Hair...{I had been running hard...before I got to the Show...my hair...didn't stand a Chance!}Flip Flops... 'Peace Sign' Earrings... and...of course...slathered in Patchouli....I could have easily stepped out of 1967!....This Pin...was Perfect! Love It! }
Then... I Burst Out Laughing......when I looked in the mirror...tonight... when I got home... and saw the pin...on...I had completely forgotton...I had put it on...early...today...I am COVERED In DUST!!!! {and Sticky, Dried Sweat!!!}{my teeth are even Gritty...} My Feet...are BLACK! It was nearly 100 degrees...today... I spent over 12 Hours...digging...and sorting...{and...Visiting...: ) } but...What Fun....I always have a Blast...at What Cheer... Mark is set up...and we had a Great Time...Shoppin'... while his Girls...Kelsey...and Shannon...watched the Booth...I saw sooo many Great Folks...and it was a Good Day...I even bought a Huge...Old...Cupboard...sight unseen... from some old Friends...I'll pick up, next week! The Truck...is loaded...with...mainly Smalls... and...that's O.K. with me...I'm going back, tomorrow...Bright and Early...to see what will be Rollin' In! Whew...It's 1:00.... time to...Hit It!
Love to Ya....
Barb C.
{If you want to have some Fun....come visit What Cheer... the Show runs through Sunday!}

8 comments:

house things said...

Good grief Barb...Im so jealous. I absolutely LOVE everything you bought! What Fun.

sue in mexico mo said...

I totally understand the "buy it all" - I love multiples and usually "buy it all". That way if I make a mistake it is a big one!
Is that a rolling chair from Alantic City Boardwalk?

Anonymous said...

Hi...Those metal tags are deer tags I believe. We have same type of old deer tags here in Wisconsin.. You and your shop/show are on my bucket list.....hopefully soon!!!!! Mary

Gracie's Cottage said...

I am over the moon over your moons...I would have nabbed them too! Great finds all around, as usual!

Jan

Simply Iowa said...

Brandon...You could have Bailed in the Truck! Would have Loved to have had ya Ride Shotgun!!!
Love to Ya!

Simply Iowa said...

Yeah....Sue...
All In...or...All Out!
The Tags... I LOVED...and are all sold... Just...as I was walking away from them...my brain...went...'click'...
They were in clusters of 10... I thought...to leave them in groupings... hang them... with my cool Christmas 'S' hooks...on a cutain rod...for a Valance...!!! or...swag them on an Old Wire...across a Mantle.... They are Cool!!!! Some Rusty....and some...clean...and bright! Fun to Play With!!!
Love to Ya...Sue!

Simply Iowa said...

They could be!
They have a Railroad...stamp on them...tho...
The Boys helped reload the truck, yesterday... and thought they were for Semi Trailers... {as did I...when I first saw them... then...I read the lettering...}
Whatever they were used for...they are...pretty Cool... and will be Way Fun to Play With!!!

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks...Jan....
Those Craaaaazy Moons!
Totally 'Fun'...and Light Hearted....they made me Laugh!
{then...I wondered..all day.."am I Losing My Mind?"}
Glad you like 'em...
Love to Ya!
Barb C.