Sunday, August 26, 2012

As I held her...in my arms....

This is...Miss. Scarlett's Favorite Clock...in the house...
I always wind him up for her... and watch her eyes...light up....
A lot...like mine did...I am sure...the first time...I got him goin'...
Liz brought Scarlett out...for me to be with...last night....
We had a Lovely time...
She is such...a Good Child...
and...so...beyond...her year...and a half...in so many ways...
When we laid down...at bed time... she snuggled tight...with me...
and as I held her...in my arms...
I wished...with all of my Heart...
until...tears..were streaming down my face....
That...she would not have to endure... the Trials...of this Life...
If...somehow...my arms...could always..be there...to shield her...from all the sadness...
sorrow...and grief... of this World...
So...she may Always...always.... be the Happy....Loving Child... she is...today...
But... I know...this Life...is a Journey...and with it's opportunity...we are confronted...by trials...
and...I know...with God's Pruning Shears...He will form us...into the best we can be...
Painful...as it may be...
Guess...all I can do...is be here...waiting...with...Open Arms...
When her Little...Tender Heart...gets broken...
and let her know...
no matter....how cruel....Life can be....
There are Always...Angels...
with an outstretched...hand...
to pull her...back on her little feet....
Love to Ya...
Barb C.
 
 

No comments: