Saturday, August 25, 2012

Meet Miss. Gabby.... : )

Meet Miss. Gabby.... What a Darling...Little Soul!
I heard the young man say...to The Doc... "She's better than a Rooster!!! She sleeps in a building... close to the house...and knows Exactly...when it's time to get up! She won't let ya Sleep In!!!"
She licked my pantleg...and rubbed up against me...as if to say... "Feed Me!!! I'm Hungry!!!"
Gabby Trotted behind her Young Man... a Happy Little Soul... : )
When I arrived at the Vet's Office...to get more meds...for Polly... I heard a Calf...Bawling....in the Exam Room... {More about her...being hungry...than being in pain... : ) The young man...who brought her in...for a check up... hadn't fed her...to keep her from having an 'accident'...while visiting The Doc... : ) }
I asked him...what had happened to Gabby...
He said...when she was born...they think...the Mama...stepped on her... Thankfully...the break...was in a bone..that could be mended...
She is an Angus...and was small when she was born...40 pounds...the young man said...
Gabby is 3 weeks old...and is healing very well...
She follows her...Young Man... like a pooch...
She rides in the back seat...of his truck...on these visits...
{I remember those days.....I have hauled day old calves...and tiny colts...in the back seat of the car...}
I Love...Our Vet...
He is 40 miles away...60, at his surgical center...
but...soooo worth the drive...
He is a Large...and Small Animal Vet...
In my...opinion...They are...The Best....
{and...are few...and far between...}
It was a treat...playing with Gabby...this morn....
and...seeing our Vet...
He always...has such...a Kind...and Gentle... Reassuring...way...about him...
yep...another...Angel...
Love...to ya...
Barb C.


No comments: