Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cupboards...Farm Tables...Sofas...Oh My... : )

Spent the Day.... Running...and Loading...
and...
We Have...a Load...: )
Thanks...to The Boys...for helping so...
{and...another...Very...Sweet Friend...for helping me...pack...: ) }
We had many deliveries...early this morn...
then...turned our attention...to The Gold Rush Load...
I still have to try and cram more in....
Peg and I are going to try and fill...every nook...and cranny!!!
As I sit here...tonight...at the Old Farm Table... {only Harold and I could love....{ and...Ed}...}
glancing over...'treasures'...
It's so hard to decide...which to pull ....from the house....
I see... the kind faces...of friends...and Folks...I met along the way...
with each item....
There is a story...with everything...a fond...memory...or..it wouldn't be here...
Maybe...just the Auctioneer...and the day of the Auction...drifts through my mind....
a good...day....
and...a 'keepsake'... from...that day....
or...maybe...the memory...of the Friend...who was riding with...when I gathered a treasure...
The conversations...we had...
It's not...just the treasure...but....the fond memories...they each hold...
Even...as I sit here...running my hand...over the Old Table....I remember the day...I bought it...so vividly...
It was so...Decrepit...and Forlorn....
If....I would have laid a 2x4...over it's top....there would have been an 18 inch...space...between the board...and the top....it was soooo sway back....
The tin straps...were put on...decades ago...when they braced the table...again...and again... Harold said....someone had a Massive old printing press...atop...the Old darling....for years...
The poor old Harvest table...was never meant...for such things....it was built...around...1840, or so...from walnut....stout....but....very refined...not...made for industrial...uses....
I thought....'Why...do I Love that table so?'.... The prior owner, Harold...loved it too...an had it priced that way.....
I didn't know...who was more...insane... Harold...for asking so much for it...or me...for buying it....
oh my...
John....somehow...got the sway out....and...we put it in the house...
{When John first saw it...he about dropped....and said...
 "What the Heck...do you expect me to do with THAT ???!!!"
I roared... and said... not to worry...if he couldn't get the bow out... I'd use it for display...{I thought it would be Wonderful...layered with old wooden bowls...} and...I'd just Love It...As Found....}
I thanked...Harold...every time... we met....for this table....
I do...love it so...
I wish...he could have seen it....before he passed away....
I Loved...Harold.....
and sure do miss him...
I get...feeling so...melancholy...
Peg is meeting me....in the Morn....
We'll finish packing...and do some shopping...on the way to Gold Rush....
Tho....I don't know...how we'd ever squeeze...another thing on...
But....if we find something...Amazing....we will ....: )
we...always...do... : )
Hope to See Ya...There!
Love to ya...
Barb C.


No comments: