Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Survivors...and...Angel Wings....

As I flew into the house... the other day... I caught a glimpse...of this Dolly... standing on the Old Pie Safe... in the Breezeway... by the door... where I plopped her...amongst...the other...'odds and ends'... I have plopped there...waiting to be sorted...
{in other words...the 'catch all'}...
I had found her...in the dumpster...several weeks ago....when I was throwing trash away...
 someone...had thrown her away....
She's not....real old...maybe 30, or so....and...she's not...what I keep...or gather... for myself...but...she looked so forlorn... and sad.... on the top of the trash heap...
I almost left her there...{I don't need...another...'thing'...}started to walk away...but...I simply couldn't leave her....
So...I picked her up...and put her in the packing blankets...in the Ford...where she rode with me...for a thousand miles.... or more.... I had forgotten about her.... until...I needed all of my blankets...last week...
I was cleaning out the Ford...and thought...she had better get off the Merry Go Round...
I was in a hurry...that day.... so...I grabbed her... and put her by the door... inside...
and forgot about her....
Then... the other Evening... as I was running into the house...The Setting Sun...was streaming through the window...I had camera...in hand...and captured this....
and...the thought went through my mind...
"She's a Survivor"...
Oh...how I love...Survivors...the ones...that take such a beating...yet....keep moving forward...
They...Inspire...
So....No...she's not old... and...her hair is a mess...her clothes...are worn...and tattered...
but...her eyes Sparkle...and....somehow...her porcelain...is perfect....
a...Survivor....
and...sometimes...it's not about 'age'...
on The Journey...
It's not the Years....it's the Miles...
This Dolly...has seen  100 years... I am sure...in her short life...
ahhh....Survivors....

Pegadoo....Graced me...with her presence...yesterday Morn....She had buzzed up...to pick Chloe up...from her Dad's....He watched her...while Peg...and her daughter, Sarah...spent time...visiting Florida...and a Special Place...they had always wanted to get back to...together... They had a Wonderful Time!!!
{She LIED to me...when I called her, yesterday Morn....said she knew how busy I was going to be... and...instead of coming by...thought she shouldn't bother me.... I Had a Fit!!!! A Big...Fit!!!! wanted to know how far  away she was...I'd just meet her...!!! she said..."Well... come down to the Rabbit Hole....I am waiting...by the Gate..."
 What a Stinker!!!!!} : ) {there goes another FEATHER!!!!}
I had to share this image...with you...{Peg would have a Fit...if she knew I did...: ) }
But...This...Image...is My Peg! She Totally Cracks Me Up!!!!
When I insisted I get an image...of her, and Chloe...she scooped her up...in her arms... and Chloe's little feet were all wet...and muddy....
Peg was saying...{as she felt Chloe's yucky feet...brush against her arm... }
"AAAAAACKY!!!!"
I about LOST IT!!!!
Peg's face...and her voice.... are Always... so...filled with...exaggerated...expression...
and...THAT....is what I have missed... So... Very....Much...
The Laughter...
She is planning on being at the Fall Harvest Sale....
I can't...wait...
She's even back to working on Gourds...: )
As we visited... I said..."It was just a year ago... that she and I were heading to Gold Rush... Not a care in the World... being...Crazy... {really...Crazy... The 'Michael's Inncodent'....came to mind...oh dear...} Then...the Ugliness...during the Fall Harvest Sale...that left us...both...sad....and disheartened...then...The Big Blow....of the 'c' word...just days... after that..."...I said...."Peg...that was just a year ago.... it seems....like a Life Time....ago".... She agreed... We stood there...in silence...
I don't know...how we have made it through...
 well... Yes... we both know....
It's the Angels...the Prayers...The Blessings... Every Day...
We know...she's not out of the Woods...yet...and...really...none of us...ever are.......
But...being Thankful....for every Moment....for every Laugh...for..every...Flower...and Drop...of Rain...
That...is The Blessing...
Learning...to be Thankful...for the Smallest...Things....
I guess...it takes...some pretty tuff...blows...to remind us...how very Blessed we truly are...
and...we take...much...for granted....
Peg brought me Sand Dollars... she had picked up...at the Beach...
She said... inside...are Angel Wings...
 Peg said... " We'd better hang onto these...they may be the Only Wings...we ever have!" She said, "Our little Wings...are just Smouldering... 'pin feathers'....from always...getting too close to the Fire!"....our...Naughty....words....and...Crazy Ways....
I Agree....: )
I picked this Old Cherry Cupboard up...yesterday....
{Oh My...I had a Million Miles to Go...Yesterday...and...I covered every inch of Them...a long...long...day....}
 I have owned this Old Darling...twice...now...and have sold it...twice...and...it's delivered...
 My friend, who had it at his shop... couldn't help me...with it... he had just had surgery...and felt so bad....
 I said..."No Worries!"... he wondered...how I was going to manage it...alone... I said..."Don't Watch!"....
{ I can be scary....very...scary...ask Peg.... she Runs!!!! when I move Cupboards!!!}
"I'll twitch my nose.... and get it done!".... I got it...and we both made it...unscathed... It looks Amazing...at it's new home....It's...a Dandy!
It was painted Bright Orange...the first time...I owned it...John....scraped it down..to it's beautiful...mid 1800's...Splendor...It's all Hand Planed...and Hand Dovetailed...
another...Beautiful...Survivor...

No comments: