Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Be Not...Too Late...

I Love...this Old Cookie Jar... There is something...about her... She's so old...and has turned...that wonderful...mellowed...brownish...color...that Ironstone does...from years...and years...of exposure.. to food....and the oils...within it.... She always...always...makes me smile...
Those are Strong Words...{and...hard to live by...at times...}
I ran across this Old Clipping... from the late 1800's... while going through...one of the old Cupboards...this Morn...where I have some of my most...favorite...treasures...
{I rarely have time...to play with my toys...and...it had been a Long...time...since... I had even opened the doors... on that Old Darling...}
I pulled it out...wondering...why I had put a tiny scrap of paper...in such a prominent place....
I realized... it was because... it deserved...to be there...
Something...I need to reflect upon...more often...
I thought I would share it...with you...today...
Words...to live by....
Love to ya...
Barb C.
Garner, Iowa... I found this...Old Yard Stick...years ago... Garner...is a Tiny Town... in Northern Iowa... Where my Mother...was born...on the Farm...ahhh.....Treasures... : )

No comments: