Monday, August 27, 2012

Another Day...Another Dollar..!

Spent the day, Sunday...at an Auction... in Monticello, Iowa...
Sweet...Friend, Pam...was selling the contents of her Antique Business...{The Box and Bucket } and Event Business... so there was a wonderful mix... of new...and old...lots of restaurant supplies... 
But...I was there for one reason...and one reason, only...
A Big Store Cupboard... that I had known...for over 15 years.... even before Pam owned it....
It was from an Old Store... in Clarence, Iowa....
I had admired it... when it lived there...and another Antique Dealer... used it as a Work Horse...
That man....had an Auction...way back...that I didn't know about.... Pam, and her Sweet Husband, Bill... bought it...
When I saw the Old Darling...in her shop... years back...I knew it..right off....
I asked her...if she would sell it...
but...no...
She, also...needed it...for display purposes...
However...that never stopped me...at every visit...from asking her... if...she was ready to sell it!
Pam and Bill...had Much More...than I thought.... Holy Smokes!
and..I think..the sale went very well for them...
I tried to buy...a lot...but...got blown out of the water...
but...the Cupboard... I was determined....
and it's smiling at me..this morn...through the kitchen window... : )
I bought...some new stuff...as well...
Another...big Coffee Urn... like I have...for my Open Houses...
I have wanted another...so I could serve Coffee...and Cider.... in the Fall...
They are so expensive...new...
and a Beautiful.... Large...Glass...Iced Tea Server... Love That!!!
{It looks like a Massive Apothecary Jar! Very Cool!!!}
I also bought...64 crystal Goblets! Perfect...for the Garden Party...and other Open Houses...
I harvested...some neat Ironstone...and a Darling Concrete Angel...and all sorts of Dibby Dabbies!
It was a good day!
and.. a Fun Day...
It was Great visiting...with Friends...
It was so....kind...of Bill...Pam...Dee...and the Auctioneer's Lovely Wife... for helping me load the Ford...
It had rained....during the first part of the auction...then...it got Hot...and Muggy...
That wears on ya...after a while...
Bill was sad...to see the Old Cupboard go... he said...it was the most asked about piece..in the Shop...over the years...
I said..."I Know!!! I asked Every Single Time...I visited!!!!"
Pam...is still selling Antiques...
{like I have always said... The Antiques Business...is like The Mafia... once you get in it...There Ain't No Getting Out!.... I've seen Folks try... but...they always...always...find their way back to it...: )
Ahhhh...The Love...of Old...: ) }
Pam...has a Darling Space...at Plaza Antique Mall...in Dyersville, Iowa... {so does Dee...}
Our Sweet Friend...Kathy...Manages it... A Great Mall!
I Love going there...and then grabbing a Piece of Pie...at Country Junction.... {oh my}...as I head home...
Be sure...and check them Both Out! It's a Wonderful...Experience...
{I mean...really... what could be better... Great Antiquing....and...Home Made...Mile High...PIE!!!}
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
{When I got home...last night....after getting Supper... it was around 11:00... I was whipped... I poured myself...a Stout...Ice Cold... Long Island...Iced Tea... and did my computer work... I posted...on Face book... as I was reflecting...about 'Life'...
The Waylon Jennings song...'Amanda'... came to mind...
"Amanda...Light of my Life...Fate Should have made you...a Gentleman's Wife...I look in the mirror...in total surprise...at the hair on my shoulders...and the age in my eyes..."
I looked at the messy house....my 2 pair...of flip flops...strewn...on the kitchen floor...Wafts...of Hound Hair..... on the floor...Cob Webs... hanging like Garland... throughout...the house...
and thought...
An Antiquer's Partner... deserves...better than this...
at least...this ones...
I'm sure...not all Antiquers...or Self Employed Folks... live like this...
But...this one...does....
I am Blessed..to have a partner...in life... that seems...to take it all in stride...
What it must be like... living with an Old Gypsy...that is always...always...
Dancing..on the Sharp...Glistening... Edge...of a Razor Blade...
Bless His Heart... : ) }
I want to Thank...Jack...for the wonderful call...last night... on my ride home... from..the Long Day...
I had helped their Family...with an Estate... last week...
I guess...I take...my job... for granted... It comes...easy...to me...
 He kept singing my praises... for the help...and suggestions...and told me...It was a Huge Success!!!
 It really was nothing...for me...
and...I was so Glad...to Help...them...
But...to them... it...was...'Something'....and...appears..to have meant a great deal...
I don't like...to blow my own horn...
but...I will...have to say...
I sure Appreciated...the Big 'Thank You'...
It put Wind...in my Sails...
Thanks...again...Jack... : )
Love..to You...and Your Family... : )
 
 
 
 
The Old Store Cupboard...
I already...had a call on it...this morn...
A friend..was driving by....and saw it...on the back of the Ford...
It's for sale...it has to be....
{dang...}
Thought...I might be able...to keep it...for a while...
We'll see...

No comments: