Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Match...made in Heaven!

This Old Sheet Metal Running Horse Weather Vane...was a Challenge...
 It was made by a man...from Northern Iowa...back in the first part...of the 1900's...who must have, also made rods... for his Horses... the Fitting...on the back...was a bit too small for a standard rod...{I really didn't want to modify it..} I ran across this... Iron, and tin stand...from the early 1900's at an Auction...for a buck...{Mark looked at me...like I was Crazy...as did the Auctioneer...when I bought it... it's...all rusty...and Grungy...PERFECT!!!!}with the thought...it just might fit... and..it Fits Perfectly!!! I can even adjust the rod....to be taller...if I want to stack Lightning Rod Balls... High...above the Horse!!!
How Cool Is That?!
I got a call...on the Old...Cupboard...from Dad's Old Farm's...Summer Kitchen...We are heading over...to see how difficult....it will be, to remove...{it's a 'built in'...and looked like a Challenge...oh dear..} 
I have to look at some other treasures...at other places...as well... at this rate...I won't be able to go to What Cheer...my pocket book...will be..PARCHED!!!!!!
{but...then...that has never stopped me...before.. ; ) }
Hope..you have a Grrreat Day!
Mark Your Calenders... for Gold Rush!!!
August 17, 18 and 19... at the Fairgrounds... in Rochester, Minnesota!
I'm bringing a BIG...Gnarly... Craaaaazy...Load!!!!
as usual... : )

No comments: